Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:24 PM

235 posts, read 148,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
We operate a business together and it is very much in his best interest to keep me a happy camper.
Okay, you got me at love at first sight. So I feel you. Fortunately, it happened when we were only 10 yrs. old and cant be in business together, LOL. Plus feeling's not mutual so...

THIS MAKES SENSE. Your own quote above why he is nice to you. For his OWN interest, why did you even get into business with him? At least when I was 10, I have the SENSE to accept he is not into me. Even though I have pined for him all of my life. My husband kind of erased that but, that boy will always have a special place in my heart. I even will name my kid with our mashed up names. LOL. Again my husband made sure that won't happen coz he don't want any more kids and he had vasectomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 01:28 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Okay, so first, I said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
My insight is that this a horribly unhealthy & debasing situation for you. It's making you vulnerable & fragile & all those similar emotional states that are very destructive for single women to be in. You need to take your power back & if you do it right away, it won't be that hard.

Especially because he didn't take it in the first place. You gave it away. The longer you wait the harder it will be, so do it today.
And then there was this:
Quote:
The only thing that I will share that might make a little difference is that initially, we did have a physical relationship for a short period of time.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Funny, I responded to your post of a few days ago where you mentioned your husband.
Which you clarified with this:
Quote:
For those of you who care, we have agreed to jave an open relationship. So, that part of my life is not pertinent to this discussion.
But I still thought this too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I was under the impression that open relationships are about having sex with others, not falling in love with them.
So ...
Quote:
If I bail out of the partnership he is stuck doing 100 percent of the work rather than 50%. Some of my strong points like marketing, are things he is really not good at so it would be a burden on him to cover my portion of the duties. Our business is strong and growing exponentially. I'm sure it would be very, very difficult for him if I were not there. So he wants to keep me as happy as possible without overstepping the limits he has placed on the friendship.
I actually wouldn't change anything I said in my first post, despite the additional dynamics that have been mentioned.

But I will add to it & I guess you can appreciate some bluntness, so I'm going to be blunt. I think very bluntly but I rarely communicate bluntly because it's not a typically appreciated trait:

I doubt very much that his having a GF is really relevant as to why he never did & never will, move on to the next level. To him; you are not & never have been "GF material" & he's already told you why without either of you realizing it:

He doesn't want to "be a bad person" & cheat on his girlfriend. You ... are in a polyamorous lifestyle. Are you ... "bad"? Bad is good if you're looking for a fling but bad is bad in a relationship.

He's attracted to you because you're an attractive woman. He took your polyamorous lifestyle to mean that you would be a low-maintenance, no-strings-attached "piece". It's probably highly annoying to him that you changed the rules but he's sticking to his guns & your histrionics are falling on a deaf ear.

Which is why you like him so much? You've been making the rules & breaking them to suit you for quite some time. And until now, maybe everybody just played your game? Except him.

Honestly; I can see how this makes him attractive to you. It's very ... masculine. You finally met a guy who could handle you but ...

I actually don't think there is any hope for you unless a viable replacement comes along as a distraction. Normally I would say: "You don't need to complicate this by involving yet another person; you can do this on your own, blah, blah, blah".

Except that you don't really want to. You can't make tough choices & hard decisions when you don't want to. It's hard enough when you do.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:44 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
THIS MAKES SENSE. Your own quote above why he is nice to you. For his OWN interest, why did you even get into business with him? y.
Three reasons.

1. It gave me an opportunity to be around him a lot and see him every day with the thinking that he couldn't help but fall madly in love with me if he did that.

2. He knows a LOT of people and the business requires a lot of people to work that fit a specific demographic. He is invaluable in this regard.

3. He loves money and this job pays extraordinarily well
Twice what he would make anywhere else. I wanted him to make money so he would be happy, and *maybe* be grateful to me.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Three reasons.

1. It gave me an opportunity to be around him a lot and see him every day with the thinking that he couldn't help but fall madly in love with me if he did that.

2. He knows a LOT of people and the business requires a lot of people to work that fit a specific demographic. He is invaluable in this regard.

Twice what he would make anywhere else. I wanted him to make money so he would be happy, and *maybe* be grateful to me.
You get that this all paints a picture of you as extremely manipulative and opportunistic, right?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:03 PM

235 posts, read 148,368 times
Quote:
Three reasons.

Honestly even before you posted it. I KNOW that you will say exactly that. How's it working for you? I'll vote for delusional for your OP question.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Three reasons.

Wow.

This is unreal. You have really done a number on yourself.

Did you coordinate all this before or after the "open marriage" decision?

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 02-05-2018 at 02:41 PM..

Old 02-05-2018, 02:26 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You get that this all paints a picture of you as extremely manipulative and opportunistic, right?
This is why I asked the question. I felt like it was a veiled threat of some kind. If he doesn't keep her happy, then... yikes.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:04 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If you bailed on the partnership, couldn't he easily hire somebody else to do the marketing without all the drama?
For some reason, OP seems to forget that there are other people who will happily take her job. Does she think she is too special to be replaced?

Now I am curious about this business. Maybe it's not legal?

Old 02-05-2018, 05:27 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Three reasons.

It didn't work.

At this point he's had plenty of time in your presence, getting an up-close-and-personal sense of what you have to offer. You've even made him money.

Hell he's even had sex with you before.

He's not in love with you and is not going to be. He likes having you as a busness partner he's flirty with and that's it. Even you admit that he may be just being as nice as he is to keep you as a business partner. For all you know he doesn't even like the flirty part.

The most you can get is more sex at some point and even then he'd be likely to put you right back in the same box you're in now.

There is not going to be a romance.

We're back to my original advice. Ignore all the noise and boil this down to the essence. You are in love and you want a romantic relationship. You've presented your case and he's shown you by words and deeds he's not interested in a romance with you. All you have is some mild kinda flirting that you admit may be motivated by the desire to keep you around so he can keep making money.

Are you happy with theis situation or not? It's not going to change. Do you like this unrequited love drama? Then keep going. Do you haet it? Then change it. He's not going to change a thing because he doesn't have to.

Cut your losses.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:30 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Three reasons.

Does your husband have any idea of the lengths you have gone to try and trap this guy?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships