Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:48 PM

10,908 posts, read 5,881,951 times

Advertisements

Didn't mean to quizz you, it's just that you got out the shower and this conversation with him came up so I was trying to figure it out.

Perhaps give it some time (as you are doing). There is the worst case scenario which has already been mentioned - that he is dating her - but that is not necessarily the case. He might just want his time out without you and got irritated when you sprung this on him. That does NOT justify his reaction though. Maybe he's had a stressful day and took it out on you or something. I'm a guy - I'm guilty of that too and it's not right. Maybe he has been looking forward to 'his' evening? I don't know. Maybe he does have a date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Sounds to me like he has a date.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:40 PM

10 posts, read 7,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Didn't mean to quizz you, it's just that you got out the shower and this conversation with him came up so I was trying to figure it out.

Perhaps give it some time (as you are doing). There is the worst case scenario which has already been mentioned - that he is dating her - but that is not necessarily the case. He might just want his time out without you and got irritated when you sprung this on him. That does NOT justify his reaction though. Maybe he's had a stressful day and took it out on you or something. I'm a guy - I'm guilty of that too and it's not right. Maybe he has been looking forward to 'his' evening? I don't know. Maybe he does have a date.
I just found out there wasn't a group of other people there, it was just another female friend that I've met before. So him, and the 2 female friends. I still don't know why he wouldn't want me there though :/

Old 02-03-2018, 08:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,632,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Suspicious people might say that the reason he didn't want you to come is because he is into the female friend, and that the "group" supposedly coming was not actually gonna materialize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl2499 View Post
I just found out there wasn't a group of other people there, it was just another female friend that I've met before. So him, and the 2 female friends. I still don't know why he wouldn't want me there though :/
Because he can't flirt if you're there.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:06 PM

10,908 posts, read 5,881,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Because he can't flirt if you're there.
Yup. I think this would be it.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:14 PM

102,077 posts, read 107,068,415 times
We need more info, OP. How long have you two been "dating", or together, or whatever? When did this anger thing start happening with him?

Old 02-04-2018, 07:14 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,253,158 times
Quote:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but his comment about "no independence" "forever" and his actions indicate that this relationship is on it's last legs. He didn't want you there because he's mentally preparing to move on from you. He's just not had the guts to do it yet.

Sometimes when someone is "weak" they'll manipulate situations or treat you poorly so that you are the one breaking up. Then he can feel like a "good" guy still.

He's said what he wants now without saying it directly. Don't contact him and see what happens.

BTW--who initiated the conversations about possibly moving in together?

Old 02-04-2018, 07:35 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,205,679 times
This poster seems awfully familiar...

Old 02-04-2018, 07:38 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,173,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Sounds to me like he has a date.
Exactly.

Come on girl. This is an easy read.

You gotta be a strong woman for a man to respect you.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:49 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,062,136 times
The first thing you need to do is get your own place, cause, you know, you need some independence. If you already have your own place, boot him to the curb, for the same reason. Then, make a date with one or more guy friends that don't mind your company.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...4&action=click

Last edited by ComeCloser; 02-04-2018 at 08:00 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 08:38 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,901,428 times
Quote:
I think you should let it go. My parents always had their "together" friends, and their "independent" friends. This made for a very healthy marriage because they had independent lives within the marriage. Be thankful that he has a couple of female friends to give him good advice on how to be a good guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships