Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 03:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Statistics dont lie. Most men raising another mans offspring, believe that the woman they are with, would never cheat on them. Ignorance is bliss.
No, they don't. So go on, slap us with some!

Where are your verifiable 8-10% of ALL men statistics?

Old 02-05-2018, 03:17 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Right, so men who want to stay with their wives don't really have a means of establishing paternity with a paternity test. The ladies in this thread have done an excellent job of supporting my point in that regard.

Now we're getting in to a different topic. There are threads on this forum that have in depth discussions about which is worse...cheating on someone or suspecting someone of cheating on you. They are interesting reading.
Why would they want to stay with someone they can’t trust? Maybe making her wear a chastity belt and locking her up is the answer. And then grill her every night when you come home from work about who she was sleeping with while you were away. Geez.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Maybe the man trusts the baby is his at first but at some point has reason to believe something is not right. The test should be available, otherwise he would never know if unfortunately the child was not his. It is ridiculous to consider banning it. It isn't fair to a child who may never know who their real father is, or isn't.
It IS available.

It ISN'T under serious banning consideration in the U.S.

See? All better. Solved!

Old 02-05-2018, 03:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Everyone involved has the right to be 100% certain that the offspring is biologically theirs. People are cheating at record numbers nowadays, and your trust would be most often displaced. You are opposing this, because you want to protect women who cheat, lie and manipulate from duping unsuspecting, typically emasculated males, who are afraid of asking for this certainty. If the table were turned, you would be all over make it compulsory. Take a few minutes out of your perfect life and think about the real victims here.
Seriously, is there a source for your data? Or are you making it up as you go along? What are the figures, we're talking about, here? How are they arrived at? I'm curious how exactly we assess that people are cheating "at record numbers," why it's more common "nowadays" as opposed to "ye olden days," where these assuredly academically obtained percentages of men unknowingly raising non-biological children are coming from, etc.

I get that these types of grandiose, yet unsupported, statements fly on the MRA forums, etc., but eh. Nobody really buys it, here. Surely there are other forums you might post on that are more supportive to the "Let's look at the REAL VICTIMS, here" plight, no?

Old 02-05-2018, 03:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Statistics dont lie.
Unfortunately, people pulling them out of their butt do.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:23 PM

336 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, they don't. So go on, slap us with some!

Where are your verifiable 8-10% of ALL men statistics?
1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA)

Old 02-05-2018, 03:24 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Sure he does. Again in practical terms, if they are both trailer park enough to cheat on one another to the point of demanding paternity tests they're probably trailer park enough to stick together, too. They'll probably drink a Bud toast to the whole thing (but not unless she's not planning on breastfeeding Baby Questionable for at least 2 more hours because, you know...better safe than sorry) and stay together all of 3 months following their vow renewals, and so life goes on.

'Cause seriously. NORMAL people DO NOT REGULARLY have these types of scenarios.

TLC reality show people do, though.

So there's that.

All of this is a significant, real concern for the average married dude??
I don't see how any of this fits in with the exchange we were having. I've already gotten confirmation from you and others in this thread that a man who wants to keep his relationship in tact does not have the option of proving paternity using a paternity test. That was the point I was making and you seem to agree with it so I'm not sure where this outburst is coming from. Guilty conscience perhaps.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:26 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
It IS available.

It ISN'T under serious banning consideration in the U.S.

See? All better. Solved!
It is available but he cannot use it if he plans on keeping his relationship intact. You agree with this statement.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:26 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Is that really the best you can come up with? Another guy with an agenda who makes up numbers isn't a reliable source. That is legit the worst website I've seen since the 90s.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:28 PM

336 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Seriously, is there a source for your data? Or are you making it up as you go along? What are the figures, we're talking about, here? How are they arrived at? I'm curious how exactly we assess that people are cheating "at record numbers," why it's more common "nowadays" as opposed to "ye olden days," where these assuredly academically obtained percentages of men unknowingly raising non-biological children are coming from, etc.

I get that these types of grandiose, yet unsupported, statements fly on the MRA forums, etc., but eh. Nobody really buys it, here. Surely there are other forums you might post on that are more supportive to the "Let's look at the REAL VICTIMS, here" plight, no?
It doesnt matter what you think. The takeaway for me is that you are fine with 100s of thousands if not millions of people, unaware of who their biological parents are. Whether its 3%, 5% or 30% - its that much too many, and can be easily solved by using dna testing technology already available to us. So why then, are you in favor of manipulation and deceit, instead? Are you afraid of everyone knowing the actual truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships