Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 03:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I'm just saying if ones ego is inflated it might make her even more picky then need be..

There's nothing wrong with that to each his own..I just find it interesting your advice for men has been along the lines of be into and if not find a way to get attracted to the the women who are into you..don't overrate yourselves and try to go after more attractive women..

With women it's more shoot for the stars and don't settle for guys you aren't fully attracted to..
What do you mean, "than need be"?

Look around you next time you take a walk in any town or city. Of the couples you see, how much more gorgeous and fantastic are the men than the women? It's all these GQ guys with awful, dumpy women or something? Get real. I mean seriously. Come down to earth here.

Obviously, totally sub-par (by whatever standards) women snapping up Henry Cavills left and right is not overall a problem. Seriously, open your eyes and just look around you. It's a non-issue...FB "likes" or not.

"Shoot for the stars"...how silly. Probably, this isn't the way you're thinking of it. When we women say that to each other we're not talking about Ryan Gosling or whomever. We're speaking of other things...to give examples (these will vary), a serious-minded (relationships-wise), very loyal dude with a career (just like we probably have...that's WHY such a similarity may be important), or perhaps he should be bright...or funny...usually no more so than we are. What we want when shooting for the stars is someone like us overall. Not a carbon copy but all the basics matching our own ideals...the ones we ourselves uphold. And yeah, the physical too...but not "top 10". SILLY. Again...look around you.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:00 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I get this and if it weren't constantly couched with an accusatory bent toward women I'd be more inclined to be softer about it.

It is SO OFTEN (here) surrounded in the center of: this is why women don't have to lift a finger...this is why sub-par women have huge egos...oh, we feel bad for the women too, don't get us wrong, we just hurt so much inside that one day these women will be OLD and used-up (like...30+) with nobody wanting them (ooo...secret deliciousness...oh sweet sweet karma), and fat, eew, with dead eggs and then they're just grabbing any idiot to be a beta provider...blah, blah, blah.

I mean if this secret plea is "dear ego-driven, shallow upper tier-of-men-grabbing, beta-using, getting older very minute, feminist ho women, please just give us a little understanding" I am nowhere near enough of a karmic advanced soul to reach the other end of that olive branch, which apparently has mace spikes on it and is dripping in poison.

Sorry, hom. You are a nice person and a true humanitarian, you stand above the rest in so many ways but you're way more accepting than I on this issue because I'm one of the (constantly) accused.

Yeah, until this forum, I never realized I had it so easy. If only I'd known back in the day, that I had all the power.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You know, in a ideal world, we'd all be married and have children by our early 30's. It just doesn't work that way. I still may start a family, and I'm 49. I just met a 42 year old woman who has no kids and we want the same thing. I had no control over the fact I couldn't meet the right woman when I was in my early 30's (met and married the wrong one, and had no kids), but now I can potentially have that family. I'm healthy and there are no guarantees in life. I refuse to believe I'm too old to start a family, at least for now.
It sure doesn't always work out that one is married by one's 30s, no. The push-back here was some commentary about how men overall apparently just aren't compelled to get married until their 40s, or even their 50s. You yourself show the exact opposite when you've explained here how many years you've actively been attempting to find someone to marry and have children with.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Yeah, until this forum, I never realized I had it so easy. If only I'd known back in the day, that I had all the power.
Declining market value, eh?

You must be at least 26!

Me too, sigh. Any minute now my husband is going to discover the wheels are falling off and trade me in for a newer model, apparently.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:38 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You have the power to date all the loser guys you want.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:29 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You know, in a ideal world, we'd all be married and have children by our early 30's.
Doesn't sound too damn ideal to me.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:28 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
No it doesn't work like that for all guys and I'm insulted by statements like this.
So you feel insulted by an open exchange of ideas.

Do you expect society to change itself in some manner to offend you less?

Is it the idea of Free Speech that offends you, or is it the open exchange of ideas that offends you?

Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Generally, dating does favor women because women get to enjoy a potential man catering to them to see if he'll be chosen as her future fiancée/husband.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:31 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
I never said I was offended by anything, just stating a simple fact.
You feel insulted, yet you are not offended?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:04 PM

503 posts, read 1,455,000 times
Some women may get alot more attention/date offers, but they have to weed through all the men that are not interested in a real relationship. Alot of those men/offers, are men just looking for sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships