Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:02 AM

639 posts, read 376,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Not this carp again.

The average age for a first marriage for women in the U.S. is only 27.

EVERYBODY waits longer now than in the past (again using averages, 27 for a woman, 29 for a man) because of school, and choice. And most people are having sex during that Timex sure. Women AND men.

Is the idea here that the guys DON'T "waste" their 20s running around having sex instead of being serious, monogamous and saving it? Because...LOL.

Young people are young people. They act young because they are young. They wait until late 20s because they know they can't handle marriage. Then after they have a solid education and have grown up a tad, they tie the knot. I see no gigantic condemnation here. It actually sounds pretty smart.
Marriage doesn't mean anything. How many women have kids before marriage at 27?

"according to a 2013 report cosponsored by The National Marriage Project at the University of Virginia, 48 percent of all first births are now attributed to unmarried mothers, mostly women in their 20s with some degree of college education."

Why More Couples Are Having Kids Before They Get Married

Fun facts

Old 02-04-2018, 10:11 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

"according to a 2013 report cosponsored by The National Marriage Project at the University of Virginia, 48 percent of all first births are now attributed to unmarried mothers, mostly women in their 20s with some degree of college education."

Fun facts
And?

The idea is that women in droves are playing around then ZOMG are all alone, childless and desperate at 30.

Nope nope nope. My stats AND yours prove this is not overwhelmingly the case. So, thank you for that.

This whole thing is mythology intended to make men who don't like women feel better. It is a cautionary tale with all the delicious gore, hopeful vengeance and laughable improbability of Little Suck-a-Thumb.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:11 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

Fun facts
This doesn't refute JerZ's points. Not sure if you're aware of that.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:34 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
From a woman who had to start dating at 42 after being married for 18 years..... Dating was basically the same.

Some logisitics change (more men are married, etc.), but it was similar to when I was in my 20s.

It's pretty much that way for everyone.

You don't need to insult people (eg: single mothers) for whatever reason you can't get dates, plenty of people get dates.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-04-2018, 10:40 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddclarity7 View Post
It's only one sided if you are talking about the 22-32 year old crowd - which is hideously, unbelievably one sided with the women having all the power. If you are a late 20s male going for a mid 20s woman, you generally have to aim for 4 levels below your league to have any realistic chance.

but after about 30-32, it's basically completely even and I would even argue men having advantage. I told the story of my 43 year old very broke, chubby, bald, broke roommate consistently having a great dating life going after women in their 30s. I see women in their 30s and 40s approaching men, initiating conversation, making it very easy to go after them all the time. Approaching them is pretty damn easy also - if they're single, they will welcome any normal decent looking guy who talks to them like a normal human being and is friendly/polite/pleasant. I even see real attractive 35 year old women going after men. If you're approaching women in their 20s, you basically need to treat it like extremely complex rocket science to have any shot at all. Approaching women in their 30s - just cut out the nonsense, be genuine and they will generally like you

Discuss
I find it to be the opposite, in my late teens, early 20's meeting women, forming relationships, getting sex, etc etc took very little effort. All I had to do is walk in the room, be tall(6ft5 since age 15), witty and charming, use my dry sense of humor and women would start to show interest.

And I married young (towards the end of being 21) and when I divorced at 29(a few months before I turned 30) it was THEN that dating became a series of complex mating rituals. it's at that time that women started becoming super picky with a huge check list, where as before it was simple, if you found each other attractive, enjoyed each others company in AND out of the bedroom you were an item.

past 30 most of whats on their checklist has nothing to do with you as a person, but more about what you have.

And to the OP , women have more of an advantage because women have more options, it's as simple as that. The biggest complaint I have heard from most child free "high end average" to "attractive" women over the years is that most of the men they date want to "move to fast" and I'm not talking about sex but the fact that these guys want to be serious/exclusive as soon as possible(I wish I had that problem). When ever I read profiles on dating sites/apps it seems whenever I run across a profile of someone who I would be interested in my heart drops when I get to the part where it says what they are looking for, usually "dating/nothing serious" or "friends maybe something more later"

Old 02-04-2018, 11:11 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Technically speaking, women in general (not necessarily every woman in particular) always have more options because men approach women far more than women approach men. This not meant to bash women or men, or to complain, or to demand millions of years of biology be changed. It is a simple fact. A man's options are generally limited to the women he pursues, while a women has whatever men she pursues as well as whatever men pursue her.

Now, that does not mean all those options are GOOD ones. I get it - even as I guy, I do understand that women get hit upon by plenty of men in which they have no interest. But still, women do have more options in general, even if digging through them for compatible men is a tedious process.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:37 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if it is about being on the spectrum. This lather-rinse-repeat has been going on for years, the same script, the same responses. At the very least, OCD tendencies.
Spectrum or not, I actually have no idea how this guy can sell a car and not have an active dating life. Selling a car and selling yourself as a potential mate are similar processes.

Also, dating in one's 30s and 40s is no easy time either. Dating is still pretty one sided in favor of women even then, and that's with no real issues like being on the spectrum or OCD.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:55 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
Quote:

Fun facts
so where are all the dead beat dads?

at least the mother is around to take care of the kid

Old 02-04-2018, 01:36 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Technically speaking, women in general (not necessarily every woman in particular) always have more options because men approach women far more than women approach men. This not meant to bash women or men, or to complain, or to demand millions of years of biology be changed. It is a simple fact. A man's options are generally limited to the women he pursues, while a women has whatever men she pursues as well as whatever men pursue her.

Now, that does not mean all those options are GOOD ones. I get it - even as I guy, I do understand that women get hit upon by plenty of men in which they have no interest. But still, women do have more options in general, even if digging through them for compatible men is a tedious process.
That's the first explanation of Women Have More Options that I've agreed with. It seems to have a non-judgemental and no "poor me" intent. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
I'm on my thirties and single. My last "girlfriend" was 25 at the time and that was 3 years ago. I guess I'll give her another try in a couple of years, LOL!

I'm not even interested in women in their twenties. Ideally, I'd like my women to be around my age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships