Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:17 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I always admitted it's my self esteem issues and to thinking I'm not good enough.

Classy calling me " chicken" like i said Men with anxiety or self esteem issues are mocked and ridiculed here.
I've dealt with my own anxiety issues for quite a while, but the thing is, you have to deal with these issues, or they win. It sucks, and it's hard, and it goes against everything you want to do, but if you want your life to be different, you have to make it different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 09:20 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've dealt with my own anxiety issues for quite a while, but the thing is, you have to deal with these issues, or they win. It sucks, and it's hard, but if you want your life to be different, you have to make it different.

Yup, "I have low self esteem" can't be a life long crutch. Life is too short.

Address it. Change it. I was depressed and had really low self esteem almost all my 20s and battled it a bit into my 30s. It still creeps in from time to time, but it can be managed.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:22 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've dealt with my own anxiety issues for quite a while, but the thing is, you have to deal with these issues, or they win. It sucks, and it's hard, and it goes against everything you want to do, but if you want your life to be different, you have to make it different.
I'm trying..as you know it's hard..

Old 02-05-2018, 09:30 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Rhetorical question:

Was chatting with a guy, 40 years old, single no kids, decent job, never been in a relationship longer than a couple of months. Nothing special looks-wise, doesn't seem to be a player either. Didn't strike me as someone who has an endless stream of women willing to have no-strings sex with.
Quote:
That's me except im 37.

Like the guy you described im just not attractive to women..
So you have had some short-term sexual relationships. You sure kept that a secret!

If you can do a short term, you can get into a long term. It takes more effort, empathy and generosity to be a long term partner.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So you have had some short-term sexual relationships. You sure kept that a secret!

If you can do a short term, you can get into a long term. It takes more effort, empathy and generosity to be a long term partner.
I missed that part..I've never been in any type of relationship

Old 02-05-2018, 09:33 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
Quote:
Yeah I go out to bars every few weeks or so with friends I just don't have the balls to approach random women even when drunk..

Plus I don't think im attractive enough for a women to want a one night stand with me.

if you never had sex before, my honest opinion is a one night stand may not work for you. I could be wrong, but you may not be able to separate emotion and sex, and may end up getting hurt in the long run. But if you think it's worth the risk, give it a shot.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I missed that part..I've never been in any type of relationship
Oh. I have to admit I was surprised to read that you related to the hypothetical guy the Op describes.

But you are actively trying to change that right? How was your consult with the plastic surgeon? I hope you have made appointments with several to find the best.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:40 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Quote:
I always admitted it's my self esteem issues and to thinking I'm not good enough.

Classy calling me " chicken" like i said Men with anxiety or self esteem issues are mocked and ridiculed here.
Stated a fact. or would you prefer something more PC to ameliorate the harshness of reality. Hmmm, how about "Gender Challenged" "Relationship Inadequate" "Esteem Underprivileged:"
No one is making fun of anyone.... You come on to a public forum, spreading your dirty laundry, asking every one to look at it, then don't want to hear our opinion of what would work to help make it better.
Last I checked,
1. No one forced you to put your life and problems/lack thereof online
2. Most people on here don't know you personally, ergo, its an anonymous statement of fact
3. You don't want to no other people's opinions, don't ask
4. Until you've given our ideas and suggestions a try, then don't complain about no change
5. GO OUT AND TRY to live a life, meet people, say hello to a stranger once a day.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:45 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Stated a fact. or would you prefer something more PC to ameliorate the harshness of reality. Hmmm, how about "Gender Challenged" "Relationship Inadequate" "Esteem Underprivileged:"
No one is making fun of anyone.... You come on to a public forum, spreading your dirty laundry, asking every one to look at it, then don't want to hear our opinion of what would work to help make it better.
Last I checked,
1. No one forced you to put your life and problems/lack thereof online
2. Most people on here don't know you personally, ergo, its an anonymous statement of fact
3. You don't want to no other people's opinions, don't ask
4. Until you've given our ideas and suggestions a try, then don't complain about no change
5. GO OUT AND TRY to live a life, meet people, say hello to a stranger once a day.
But then posts like yours can easily be misunderstood as dripping with contempt, since language and tone do matter. Last I checked

Old 02-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Studies show that the longer you wait, the less likely is it to ever happen.

The hard fact is that adults who do not want to be virgins have to do something proactive about it. They need to identify the barriers and aggressively move them out of the way. No, it's not "fair" but it is a direct consequence of failure to act at an earlier age.

Quote:
In the survey, 50% of sexually inexperienced 18-year-olds gained some experience between the ages of 19 and 21, researchers found. That doesn't mean they necessarily lost their virginity though, Halpern explained. Of the remaining virgins, only 5% gained sexual experience between 27 and 30 combined. Approximately 3% of participants in the survey reported never having sex at all.

Why People Become Adult Virgins - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships