Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The joker2 View Post
I thought it wasn't supposedto be i a competition in dating? So there should be a competition in dating bit not to see who has it worst?
Why do YOU care?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:27 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
True, a lot of men do start threads complaining how difficult dating is for them...

Some women think that this complaint is implying that women have it easy.

Not necessarily so.... and responding in such manner shows a lack of empathy towards how truly difficult it is to approach and accept rejection may be for THAT INDIVIDUAL.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
True, a lot of men do start threads complaining how difficult dating is for them...

Not necessarily so.... and responding in such manner shows a lack of empathy towards how truly difficult it is to approach and accept rejection may be for THAT INDIVIDUAL.
Well, weirdly, we tend to think these are complaints against women since they usually DO include complaints against women.

So...yeah. There's that.

We also tend to have a history with one another here, with some rolling right out of the gate as apparently brand-new, coming in with both barrels cocked. Then later, with a less triggery post, the same things will be said...slyly (?) leaving out SOME of the more triggery, accusatory bits.

But we've already heard 'em, so...

Nope. This is not a case of women just being non-empathetic.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:30 PM

45 posts, read 27,884 times
Quote:

They don't want to listen.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:32 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, weirdly, we tend to think these are complaints against women since they usually DO include complaints against women.
Well if they do have complaints against women.. then fine. But that's not what I'm referring to. There are a lot of posts from men here that are immediately received by female posters with ill intent... when none was implied or exists.

This thread is a clear example. I simply said that some women shows a lack of empathy on how difficult INDIVIDUAL men may have in approach and rejection. The response is "complaints USUALLY DO include compaints against women". I never implied otherwise.. I simply said that it is difficult to approach and take rejection... that in of itself isn't a complaint against women.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:32 PM

45 posts, read 27,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

So...yeah. There's that.

We also tend to have a history with one another here, with some rolling right out of the gate as apparently brand-new, coming in with both barrels cocked. Then later, with a less triggery post, the same things will be said...slyly (?) leaving out SOME of the more triggery, accusatory bits.

But we've already heard 'em, so...

Nope. This is not a case of women just being non-empathetic.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Well if they do have complaints against women.. then fine. But that's not what I'm referring to. There are a lot of posts from men here that are immediately received by female posters with ill intent... when none was implied or exists.
Well, here's a useful fix for the above scenario.

Address THAT thread specifically, rather than making a blanket statement that draws everyone of one category into the mix. And if a specific post in THAT thread contains anything against TOS, report that post. Just makes sense. You know?

Making blanket very leading, obviously negative threads about greater than 50% of the population is not going to be met overwhelmingly with empathy, but a poster who pushes buttons probably already knows that. Not saying this poster is doing that. But yeah...when it happens...I mean it's not exactly a mystery why this sort of thing earns very little sympathy, much less empathy.

I think most reasonable people know this.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
What are you having difficulty with? The poster I replied to was giving a general scenario that he believes has repeated on CD-R, and I was giving experiences that have happened in general on this forum to explain why reactions happened.

Hope that helps!

Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
... how truly difficult it is to approach and accept rejection may be for THAT INDIVIDUAL.
This thread does not appear to be one of those ^^ threads.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
Quote:
They don't want to listen.
I read the posts (reading more so than listening). I feel sorry for those who struggle, but there is nothing I can do about it.

I don’t think there is a debate. A debate would imply that there are two differing points of view. I think everyone kind of agrees that dating can be difficult for all different types of groups for different reasons. Everyone has their challenges and it’s not like one person’s challenge is “bigger” than another. It’s not a contest. If it were, there are no prizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships