Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 02:54 PM

344 posts, read 429,905 times

Advertisements

I met this girl on a online dating site (Tinder) and well we been talking by text and snapchat for about a month now.. however when ever i try to flirt with her she is not really flirting back.. she told me she likes me and would consider dating me for sure (she has never been in a relationship and shes 20) its her first time. Well we have not seen each other in person yet but she just doesnt flirt back..

I will send her a heart and RARELY she will send one back or most of the time she will reply with haha.

Other times I call her cute and she will reply with :P or haha.

But than other times if I ask her if she has interest in me she says yes and I find you very cute and I like that you are not pushy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
I met this girl on a online dating site (Tinder) and well we been talking by text and snapchat for about a month now.. however when ever i try to flirt with her she is not really flirting back.. she told me she likes me and would consider dating me for sure (she has never been in a relationship and shes 20) its her first time. Well we have not seen each other in person yet but she just doesnt flirt back..

I will send her a heart and RARELY she will send one back or most of the time she will reply with haha.

Other times I call her cute and she will reply with :P or haha.

But than other times if I ask her if she has interest in me she says yes and I find you very cute and I like that you are not pushy.
You haven't even met yet.

Some people just aren't great at flirting via text. Some people are VERY good at it but in the end it means nothing.

Work on meeting her in person so you can see if you really actually like each other.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You haven't even met yet.

Some people just aren't great at flirting via text. Some people are VERY good at it but in the end it means nothing.
Ya but you see my point she lives about 40 minutes from me without traffic.. and I dont want to go all the way down there with my car if she may not even be interested..

Old 02-10-2018, 03:02 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Ya but you see my point she lives about 40 minutes from me without traffic.. and I dont want to go all the way down there with my car if she may not even be interested..
40 minutes is too far?

ROFL

Old 02-10-2018, 03:02 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Ya and my point is that you won't KNOW if she's interested (or if YOU are even actually interested) until you meet.

Y'all could send nothing but hearts and kissy lips emojis and then meet up and her laugh makes you want to pull out your own spine and beat her with it.

So ... either date girls who live within walking distance or get realistic about what matters in relationships.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
She said she's interested OP. Some women don't flirt, even in person, let alone by text. Relax, and stop having these expectations/requirements. Appreciate the fact that she's modest (her when you compliment her); consider it a good sign.

Good grief! You only think of it as a potential waste of time. You're not thinking of it as potentially missing out on a good thing, if you don't go. The alternative, is to call the Psychic Hotline or visit a gypsy, to ask if they can divine whether she's interested in meeting you or not.

What else do you have to do on a weekend, anyway? I can't believe this.

OP, what if a woman flirts back with you, but when you drive the distance to see her, you discover you don't have much in common and you're not a good match? Still a waste of time, even though she flirted with you.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-10-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 03:10 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
There is nothing less satisfying that flirting online.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She said she's interested OP. Some women don't flirt, even in person, let alone by text. Relax, and stop having these expectations/requirements. Appreciate the fact that she's modest (her when you compliment her); consider it a good sign.

Good grief! You only think of it as a potential waste of time. You're not thinking of it as potentially missing out on a good thing, if you don't go. The alternative, is to call the Psychic Hotline or visit gypsy, to ask if they can divine whether she's interested in meeting you or not.

What else do you have to do on a weekend, anyway? I can't believe this.

OP, what if a woman flirts back with you, but when you drive the distance to see her, you discover you don't have much in common and you're not a good match? Still a waste of time, even though she flirted with her.

I have to say you make a good point in all that.. could also be because she has never been in a relationship she doesnt know how to flirt ..

Old 02-10-2018, 03:22 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
I will find you sleazy if we haven't met and you're already flirting with me and sending me hearts and ****.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:23 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
How old are the two of you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships