Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Here is another way to look at it. You waited two hours just to send her a text that read "nice to meet you". Now you're going to make her wait two days before you check back in. Many women are turned off by timid men who lack confidence.

I would have called her before her car left the lot. During that phone conversation, I would've told her how much I enjoyed our time and I would have offered my availability for our next date. I would have ended that conversation by saying "Good night, I look forward to our next date, and please text me to let me know you got home safely tonight".
If I were interested in a guy after the first meet, I would like this^^ approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 08:47 PM

1,092 posts, read 580,096 times
I texted her earlier this evening, and got a fairly quick reply. She definitely seems interested in meeting again, but it might be a couple of weeks.

Obviously not everyone agrees with my approach, and that's fine. My hope was that she'd at least respond to my initial "It was really nice meeting you earlier" with some sort of mutual agreement, which would have given me the confidence to ask for a second date right away. When there was no reply, it shook my confidence and I started questioning everything.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:39 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael917 View Post
I texted her earlier this evening, and got a fairly quick reply. She definitely seems interested in meeting again, but it might be a couple of weeks.

Obviously not everyone agrees with my approach, and that's fine. My hope was that she'd at least respond to my initial "It was really nice meeting you earlier" with some sort of mutual agreement, which would have given me the confidence to ask for a second date right away. When there was no reply, it shook my confidence and I started questioning everything.
Did she say why it might be a couple of weeks?

That's not an optimistic sign. She might just be saying that in the hopes that you move on before the 2 weeks.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

That's not an optimistic sign. She might just be saying that in the hopes that you move on before the 2 weeks.
No, I don't think so. She's in her 40's, she's got a life and would be busy.

Quote:

when I reached out again she was still very interested in meeting me.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:53 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Are there actually people for whom when (and by what method) they are asked out form the next date decide whether to accept?

I think - do what you do whether it's a phone call 5 minutes later or a text a week later. If she likes you and wants to see you again, she'll say yes

Old 02-13-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I asked if she wanted to meet up again this weekend. She said her sister will be visiting from Florida and her schedule is up in the air. (We'd discussed our families during the date, so I knew about the sister.) I was the one who suggested waiting until her schedule settled down. I just find it easier, with both of us working full-time, to schedule things on weekends. I could have suggested working around the sister's visit, but to me that's just adding chaos to the situation.

I definitely plan to stay in touch, but don't want to seem pushy.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:20 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:

My thing is, why not have just asked her for a second date to begin with instead of being wishy-washy? That way, there'd be no need to question anything. She'd either just say yes or no.

And it seems like she's still interested in you. Don't look for any problems where there are none. I wouldn't worry about the scheduling thing. When I first dating my gf, it was 2 weeks until our second date and it was just because both our schedules were busy. Just make sure to set a time and date with her when her schedule clears up, and that's all you need to really do.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:02 PM

880 posts, read 1,251,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
.....or taking a long crap.
I disagree, that's the time when most people are catching up on their texts and facebook posts

Old 02-13-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
And it seems like she's still interested in you. Don't look for any problems where there are none. I wouldn't worry about the scheduling thing.
I'm not worried about it. I was just explaining to someone who asked why it might be a couple of weeks before we met up again.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:49 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Last night, I had a coffee date with a woman from OLD. Now I'm stuck in that limbo known as, "I'd like to see her again, but have no idea if she feels the same."

Prior to the date, she expressed more enthusiasm towards meeting me than anyone I'd ever met online. Our conversation was very pleasant, and probably could have gone on for several more hours. As we were leaving, she said "This was fun" and when we parted ways near the parking lot she said "Keep in touch." But when I texted her two hours later to say it was nice meeting her earlier, I got no reply.

So I'm in that awkward place where I don't know whether I should be eager to see her again or be moving on with my life. I'm thinking in a few days I'll reach out with a suggestion of meeting again and see what happens. What do you think?
It's like selling. When selling the purpose of the first meeting is to get a second meeting. Anything else beyond that is a langiappe. So the fact that you didn't broach the notion of a second date is a complete failure on your part. Turn in your Dating License forthwith.

So here's what you do next:

Step 1: Pick up phone.

Step 2: Dial number.

Step 3: Introduce yourself, make small talk. Create sense of comfort and well-being.

Step 4: Ask.

Step 5a: If invitation accepted, make plans.
Step 5b: If invitation declined due to believable conflict, make alternative plans.
Step 5c: If invitation declined without explanation, thank her nicely and hang up.

There. how hard was that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships