Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 06:44 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There are men all over the internet trying to make a point about "Gold Diggers".
The only men that fall for that messaging are those that don't need to be convinced. Simply looking for validation. I wouldn't worry about them.

Any normal well adjusted man will know that not all women are gold diggers. Just like any normal well adjusted women will know that not all men are pickup artists.

Whether or not the OP's story is true, it is a scenario that is believable... I don't hear any underlying bias either. Certainly people think it is worth discussing.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:53 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
When someone makes a single post and never returns, they lose all credibility with me. I'm questioning if the event even took place. There are men all over the internet trying to make a point about "Gold Diggers".
Most men are clueless about true goldiggers as most women aren't gold diggers. Most women are just your average every day person just trying to get by do what ya can to live life like most guys.

I, in my whole life of being nearly 50, have only came across one woman that could be classified as a gold digging hoe, most aren't.

Not saying this to get brownie points with the ladies but to just simply acknowledge the reality of the situation.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:13 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most men are clueless about true goldiggers as most women aren't gold diggers. Most women are just your average every day person just trying to get by do what ya can to live life like most guys.

I, in my whole life of being nearly 50, have only came across one woman that could be classified as a gold digging hoe, most aren't.

Not saying this to get brownie points with the ladies but to just simply acknowledge the reality of the situation.
Thank you. Most men aren't suspicious that women have ulterior motives either, not the guys who have real life experience with more than one woman, anyway.

I still say I wouldn't order lobster, but did she know he was paying? If I wanted lobster I'd order lobster and pay. Just like a an expensive drink I like, if a guys buying me a drink I thank them and order a beer, I like that too.

I haven't been around any women gold diggers, I would recognize that in their word and actions, not fun.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Realistically, only a minority of men are really rich. A gold digger is surely not mining the average guy with an average paycheck. No, most men will not encounter a gold digger in their lifetime. The gold diggers are hanging around the rich dudes, waiting for an "in." They're not at Outback planning on ordering the biggest piece of beef PLUS an appetizer AND dessert.

It is kind of funny how a handful of guys (not many but some) hold tightly to their Subaru and an apartment income in fear that beautiful women are going to roll them for every last cent.

Or for a lobster.

Most women work. Most men work. This isn't Falcon Crest. The average dude isn't being seduced for his attractive fortune.

MOST people get together because they actually like each other.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:21 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Thank you. Most men aren't suspicious that women have ulterior motives either, not the guys who have real life experience with more than one woman, anyway.

I still say I wouldn't order lobster, but did she know he was paying? If I wanted lobster I'd order lobster and pay. Just like a an expensive drink I like, if a guys buying me a drink I thank them and order a beer, I like that too.

I haven't been around any women gold diggers, I would recognize that in their word and actions, not fun.
Whether or not women or people here in general like me or not one thing I try to do is be honest and fair. Most people aren't out trying to get one over on the other person... sure, some are, but most people are just trying to get by and do their thing, whatever that may be.

if someone wants a lobster and feels odd about it, just say that they'll pitch in or pay or whatever, this stuff shouldn't be that hard, but like the most well thought out plans it usually ends up being harder or more awkward than it should be.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:41 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:

I would gladly pay for my own lobster (if I happened to like lobster in the first place), but even then he might still try to pay, so I wouldn't even order it in the first place. After we were a couple, I might, just once in a while, order lobster. lol

Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Ha! You ARE a redpill man. This is the 2nd time I've figured that out. Women don't assume other women are users who need to give it up for lobster. Not even kind of a good try there, babe.

What is a red pill man anyway? Not to go off topic, but if you are going to make the accusation, I'd like to know what it is you are claiming I am. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I would gladly pay for my own lobster (if I happened to like lobster in the first place), but even then he might still try to pay, so I wouldn't even order it in the first place. After we were a couple, I might, just once in a while, order lobster. lol
That too, I'd have to really really like lobster to make a point of it. Since I live nowhere near any oceans, it's no longer a longing. I used to enjoy all kinds of seafood when I lived off the coast of Florida, I don't "need no" $50 lobster in MN.

Last edited by RbccL; 02-18-2018 at 08:45 PM..

Old 02-18-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

What is a red pill man anyway? Not to go off topic, but if you are going to make the accusation, I'd like to know what it is you are claiming I am. Thanks.
A guy who likes to talk down to women, thinks in terms of sexual market value, (for them, not him) would even suggest giving it up for lobster, but don't expect sex if you order chicken. WTF? Advises us that a Righteous Woman agrees. The kind of nonsense you posted, it's found at places like red pill. Let's play dumb.

You could have googled it, if you weren't pretending to be a woman....not to get off topic, again.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Ha! You ARE a redpill man. This is the 2nd time I've figured that out. Women don't assume other women are users who need to give it up for lobster. Not even kind of a good try there, babe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

Quote:
A guy who likes to talk down to women, thinks in terms of sexual market value, (for them, not him) would even suggest giving it up for lobster, but don't expect sex if you order chicken. WTF? Advises us that a Righteous Woman agrees. The kind of nonsense you posted, it's found at places like red pill. Let's play dumb.

You could have googled it, if you weren't pretending to be a woman....not to get off topic, again.
Why should I Google it? You are making a determination about me personally, and calling me something "red pill man" with no way to back it up. You can tell me what it is. If you can make the accusation without it being considered off topic, why would my replying to its falseness be considered off-topic?

What do you have to prove I am not a woman? Your personal accusation is enough?

Are you just saying it to try to get a rise out of me for some reason? Is there a moderator waiting to reward you with some action against me if you are successful?

No worries Rbccl. You will never be successful in that goal, lol. I'm not sure why a forum manager would want you to be either. Sort of defeats the purpose of a forum.

What are you pretending to be?

As for the topic, I stand on what I said. I don't believe she had no clue that lobster and steak is expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships