Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 12:35 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I actually agree with you. Last thing I'd want to do is have sex after a large meal...
Well, and if sex isn't definite!y on the table, why have a date?

I know you didn't mean it this way but that IS the intimation from that poster. So...okay, fine and good, if literally the goal is to orchestrate a date to the specifics not to get to know the person but to get laid and then run, know what? Such a person is in NO position to call the woman a user with full indignation. Sorry, not a leg to stand on there and if it backfires, don't go screaming that women are users while men are innocent. In this scenario, it is manipulation for sex from the get go so stop flapping and shrieking about how women just use men for whatever. You're not in a position to. You're not against usury in general (obviously). Rather, you are just furious that your own Dating Coach/PUA garbage backfired and how dare she!! Well tough. (Again not directing this at 9er.)

Mad that half-baked Get Sex rules didn't work? Okey-doke. But don't blame women. Blame the "dating expert" or red pill site and go demand your money back from them...or, gasp, expose the stupid rules wherever you can as not very effective at all.

But nah...so much better and more productive to yell at women and throw feminism in randomly...

Old 02-25-2018, 01:07 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,679,170 times
I hate adding input to a such a LONG thread but I'll make an exception.

I do not believe in going to "nice" (spendy) restaurants on a first date. Ever. The OP did, indeed, see a side to his date that was not particularly good ~ inconsideration ~ which could have been RED flag.

Don't know how you've proceeded since then, OP, and I sure am not going to read almost 70 pages to find out.

I don't think it's wrong for first dates to be in a restaurant, but I think they are much better off in more casual settings. Like BBQ? Take her/him to a good BBQ joint where there is less pretentiousness, and if he/she doesn't mind a little smudge of good sauce on a shirt then that could be a very good thing. Just pick some place GOOD that is not going to evacuate your wallet.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:39 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
I guess Valentine's Day means something different to me then.
I would expect that played into her decision. Don't know why that is considered low class.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:54 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And if sex happens, it's because both people are into it and having a great time. It's not a transaction in exchange for a cobb salad.
Depends on how much she likes lobster. A Cobb salad is unlikely to work but a 2 pound baked-stuffed lobster with extra lobster meat? Maybe a fillet mignon with a nice port reduction on the plate? A magnum of Roederer Cristal?

Old 02-25-2018, 02:00 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Depends on how much she likes lobster. A Cobb salad is unlikely to work but a 2 pound baked-stuffed lobster with extra lobster meat? Maybe a fillet mignon with a nice port reduction on the plate? A magnum of Roederer Cristal?
But, like everyone is saying, two pounds of lobster or a huge steak washed down with booze is more likely to inspire naptime than sexytime.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:44 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
How is this thread still going after a wk later? I posed eons ago drunk & still we chat re the Lubestar fest 1 wk LaTER! LOL

oN POSITIVE NOTE; IT IS not RAINING HERE IN az AS OPPOSED IT WAS 7 DAYS AGO. gUESS THAT COuNTS..

Old 02-25-2018, 02:48 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
But, like everyone is saying, two pounds of lobster or a huge steak washed down with booze is more likely to inspire naptime than sexytime.
I might like to play it my way though, and had already decided there's going to be sexytime -but first I get scallops, coconut shrimp...unlimited crab legs...and THEN act like I'm paying the piper. Everyone wins.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:17 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
In the proposed transaction I wouldn't worry about my post-meal state. Let's be realistic, a dude desperate and classless enough to promote an exchange of sex for food is NOT going to be picky about a bit of bloating and apathy. He's going to go for it, feeling like a winner all the way. Pretty sure if you were to nap it would go unnoticed.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:53 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Don't think the lady in the original post ever had "sexytime" remotely on her mind.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:15 PM

251 posts, read 203,956 times
This is why I don't advise Men to take Women they just meet on dates. Go for coffee or a walk in the park. Young Women these days are socially awkward, have no common sense or decency and double standards regarding gender equality.

Honestly if I was single and this happened I would have called her out on the spot and said that's inappropriate and we're going dutch and we can just be friends. Just dead it right then and there. But my radar would have spotted that type long before the date began.

You need to learn to ask qualifying questions before asking Women out on dates in the future. It's essential these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships