Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 05:43 PM

505 posts, read 502,274 times

Advertisements

From the same-sex dating world, I wouldn't suggest a spendy place as a second date. Meet for a cocktail and apps, coffee, or a good, cheap place for a casual lunch/dinner - but never a nice, expensive restaurant. But in my experience, it's also been compulsory for the bill to be split the first time.

After a few dates, I'll usually ask to take them out to dinner, and that will typically be the nice restaurant. I go in fully knowing that the bill might be a little expensive because of where I decided to take him out.

I understand why people go to nice restaurants on first dates, but I don't feel the need to make that kind of first impression. If you can't like me eating street tacos in Echo Park, then dressed up in a nice restaurant is no exception

Old 02-27-2018, 06:01 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajams22 View Post
From the same-sex dating world, I wouldn't suggest a spendy place as a second date. Meet for a cocktail and apps, coffee, or a good, cheap place for a casual lunch/dinner - but never a nice, expensive restaurant. But in my experience, it's also been compulsory for the bill to be split the first time.

After a few dates, I'll usually ask to take them out to dinner, and that will typically be the nice restaurant. I go in fully knowing that the bill might be a little expensive because of where I decided to take him out.

I understand why people go to nice restaurants on first dates, but I don't feel the need to make that kind of first impression. If you can't like me eating street tacos in Echo Park, then dressed up in a nice restaurant is no exception
I don't date strangers, so there is no need for a cheap 'meet and greet'.

Not everyone is internet dating. Seems a lot of the advice is based on that scenario. By the time I go on a date, I know the person already from work or school or a social group.

I haven't been taken to a very cheap place since HIGH SCHOOL. Even poor college students would take dates to at least a 'Chili's' level place!

Your example of the tacos in Echo park is different because there is an outing involved. That would be fine with me, but not being taken to Taco Bell.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'd definitely remember if a woman wanted something 2 or 3 times what I ordered, because it would be the last time she'd ever see me. One thing to do it for someone you love like a wife, but on a FIRST DINNER DATE? Hell to the no! I really hope no woman is that unaware of the sensitivity of the first dinner date and that is going to set the tone for how the rest of the is going to go. If I get the fact you would willing to take advantage of me like that and not even offer to chip in to ease my mind on the discrepancy, the date ends right then and there.
The gentleman you are responding to would never view it that way. He wants his date/guest/guests to have whatever they want, and is glad for them to.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
I'd definitely remember if a woman wanted something 2 or 3 times what I ordered, because it would be the last time she'd ever see me. One thing to do it for someone you love like a wife, but on a FIRST DINNER DATE? Hell to the no! I really hope no woman is that unaware of the sensitivity of the first dinner date and that is going to set the tone for how the rest of the is going to go. If I get the fact you would willing to take advantage of me like that and not even offer to chip in to ease my mind on the discrepancy, the date ends right then and there.
And if you really liked the woman? Same thing? Do you know that for a fact? Have you been in a situation where you really liked a woman, but she ordered a $50 dish at a restaurant you took her to? Did the date end right there? Did you storm out?

Was this a very attractive, great girl like the OP describes?

Old 02-27-2018, 06:37 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And if you really liked the woman? Same thing? Do you know that for a fact? Have you been in a situation where you really liked a woman, but she ordered a $50 dish at a restaurant you took her to? Did the date end right there? Did you storm out?

Was this a very attractive, great girl like the OP describes?
I wouldn't think twice even if I liked the woman because I'd be saving a ton of money and even more heartache.

Thankfully my dates have been either one or two things that have kept me out of OP's situation. They either had integrity or class to not pull a stunt like that on anyone in the first place or they have been smart and aware enough that they are not going to attempt to pull an okie-doke job on me because I don't play that .

Old 02-27-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't think twice even if I liked the woman because I'd be saving a ton of money and even more heartache.

Thankfully my dates have been either one or two things that have kept me out of OP's situation. They either had integrity or class to not pull a stunt like that on anyone in the first place or they have been smart and aware enough that they are not going to attempt to pull an okie-doke job on me because I don't play that .
Are you poor? We're talking $50, not $500.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:08 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Did the Manhattan kosher steak house serve a steak and lobster combo?
Well, (not being Jewish myself, but able to look up kosher on the net) steak is of course "meat" and lobster would be "pareve", I didn't read anything to the effect that a lobster could not be kosher. I would (intuitively) doubt that boiling that lobster alive counts as a proper kosher slaughter, though. But it's possible to kill the lobster immediately before cooking.

Keeping Kosher

I know meat and dairy can't be mixed and still be kosher. According to the website, meat and pareve are OK.

Thanks for asking the question, I have always wondered what the "pareve" inscription on some packaged foods meant, and now (finally) I know.

So I will ask you, is it possible to make a kosher steak and lobster dinner? Is there a catch that I am missing?

Old 02-27-2018, 07:08 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Are you poor? We're talking $50, not $500.
Ain't no one poor here. I'm objecting on principle alone.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
This is still going?

If the OP feels like this woman screwed him over, dump her.

End thread.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Ain't no one poor here. I'm objecting on principle alone.
Then are you cheap? You said not even for a woman you really like! I would not date you, knowing I am not worth a mere $50 for a nice meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships