Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 10:34 AM

340 posts, read 272,352 times

Advertisements

Hello friends I'm dating my girlfriend for almost 3 months, I'm 31, she's ten years younger, very sweet and caring to me, we are good together, have an amazing sex, but there is a few issues that I'd like to share. She's still in college, sometimes I get worried and jealous about other guys hitting on her! She used to partying/clubbing/drinking more than me in the past, this makes me wonder if she finds me boring because I'm not into it too much, and I get insecure over this too. I told her about the dream I have to move abroad a few years from now, and she said she doesn't know because she would have to visit another country first to see if she would adapt to a new culture, etc (I know its too early to talk about this).

Sometimes I feel confused about having a serious relatinship again, before her I was having fun, wasn't attached to any girl, was only hooking up and having fun with a few girls, no feelings at all. Now with her, as much as I have strong feelings for her, felt in love for her, and like her very much, I cope with the same old issues like insecurity, jealousy, low self esteem, etc...as I always did in my past relationships, this bothers me! Sometimes I think about breaking up afraid of being cheated on, afraid of my insecurities, I think to myself when I'm single at least I don't suffer with my insecurities and jealousy.

Feeling confused!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
Hello friends I'm dating my girlfriend for almost 3 months, I'm 31, she's ten years younger, very sweet and caring to me, we are good together, have an amazing sex, but there is a few issues that I'd like to share. She's still in college, sometimes I get worried and jealous about other guys hitting on her! She used to partying/clubbing/drinking more than me in the past, this makes me wonder if she finds me boring because I'm not into it too much, and I get insecure over this too. I told her about the dream I have to move abroad a few years from now, and she said she doesn't know because she would have to visit another country first to see if she would adapt to a new culture, etc (I know its too early to talk about this).

Sometimes I feel confused about having a serious relatinship again, before her I was having fun, wasn't attached to any girl, was only hooking up and having fun with a few girls, no feelings at all. Now with her, as much as I have strong feelings for her, felt in love for her, and like her very much, I cope with the same old issues like insecurity, jealousy, low self esteem, etc...as I always did in my past relationships, this bothers me! Sometimes I think about breaking up afraid of being cheated on, afraid of my insecurities, I think to myself when I'm single at least I don't suffer with my insecurities and jealousy.

Feeling confused!
This is a psychological problem
Not a relationship problem

Why do yuou feel that way

Old 02-18-2018, 10:51 AM

235 posts, read 148,488 times
All of us go through that, well, speaking for myself. I am all that especially insecure, no self confidence. That is why I also avoid relationships. I feel I will only be used or cheated on. But, at age 38, I had an epiphany. Pretty sure many factors also contributed to it. I just realized on my 38th year of mindless existence, that, I can either change my outlook in life, in myself, or stay that way and be miserable and alone and die a virgin.

I obviously chose to change for the better, for my own good. And now I'm married and I've never been happier.

It's not easy, but all it takes is for you to will it to happen. Also you know, it really is all in your mind. Just believe in yourself first and foremost and always. I hope you find your confidence. That really is all it takes.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:01 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Umm you’re dating almost a child. 21 year old millennial might as well be 16 emotionally, good luck!

Old 02-18-2018, 11:05 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfl_native View Post
umm you’re dating almost a child. 21 year old millennial might as well be 16 emotionally, good luck!
+1.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:33 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
OP, you've been dealing with insecurity issues in all the past relationships you have posted about. You need to get a handle on that.

Also the age difference may be a factor here, I'm sensing some incompatibility.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:53 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Umm you’re dating almost a child. 21 year old millennial might as well be 16 emotionally, good luck!

LOL... hilarious! The OP is the insecure jealous type, and it's "her" who's somehow remiss and her that's acting like a 16 year old. Perhaps you can show us where... she's said or done anything to suggest that she's causing an issue in the relationship....with her immature self.
Dumb answer of the week award ... goes to you! ( and the poster who agreed with you.)

Old 02-18-2018, 12:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Probably... The brain is usually not finished developing until mid-20s.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post

Feeling confused!
Might be an incompatibility issue. You two are at different stages in your lives. As for your insecurity, this is something you have to work on, probably through counseling as well as other forms of help.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:59 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Isn't this a standard theme for you? You were the same with your last girlfriend.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships