Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 12:18 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelambofdeth View Post
Also how long should I wait? Her bday is in April. I thought about sending her something then or should I wait longer?
Dude no.

Just stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 12:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Be careful, OP. It may be the current boyfriend who responds to your I appropriate approaches, not this girl, and that could be at the girlfriend's request. You my not be physically hurt, in fact I doubt it, but you could wind up seriously embarrassed and humiliated.

Bother her enough and she will get others involved in her defense. Because she definitely will start to feel creeped out at some point. No means no. No doesn't mean, hey, I'll bet she secretly wants me to push harder. In fact this mindset is seriously uncool.

Save your dignity, for gosh sakes. Get it together and move on.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 PM

983 posts, read 2,773,888 times
I agree that you should leave the poor girl alone.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:34 PM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
Serious questions, OP: What's your goal here? What makes this girl so special that she's worth getting this bent out of shape about?

Answer these questions in a logical, non-emotional manner, even if just to yourself. If you come up with a truly good answer (I doubt that you will), proceed. If you don't, stop wasting your time.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:36 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auraliea View Post
dude no.

Just stop.
+1.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
It's totally unfair to disrespect her wishes that you leave her alone, just so you can keep trying to get what YOU want.

Leave the poor girl alone.
I agree with this! Birdie, I am kind of surprised at you. Any further contact by him is unwanted attention, manipulative and disrespectful. OP needs to stop trying to control her and accept that he has no further role in her life, unless SHE makes contact.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Birdie, I am kind of surprised at you. Any further contact by him is unwanted attention, manipulative and disrespectful.
Normally in situations like this, I believe this ^^^ to be true, but in this case I don't, for a couple of reasons.

For one, she sent him VERY mixed signals the entire time they were ... whatever they were. Her words did not match her actions, and that part is not his fault.

I've spent a lot of time on this thread, advising the OP of the MANY ways he royally screwed up this relationship and pointing out how this woman is doing the healthy thing by blocking him.

But I don't believe further contact from him, down the road, would be manipulative.

He has struggled with his feelings for her, apparently in a way that is new to him, and appears to have shown some emotional growth. This ending is going to bother him for years until he "gets it." And for some people, the only way to "get it" is the hard way.

That may happen, if he reaches out and she goes off in a "once and for all" way that would let him know it really really is over. Or there may be another outcome.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:03 PM

376 posts, read 208,414 times
Well damn, I can see the general consensus by far is that I count my losses and move on. And if I could've....believed I would've.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So after hurting her and she's had enough of you, you want to try to buy your way back?

How about leaving her alone until you hear from her?
I wish I had the willpower and disciple to back-off forever. But I don't. But I AM NOT trying to buy her back. I'm just trying to express how I feel in another way. I mean I don't expect to get the benefit of the doubt in this, but it should be obvious i'm being sincere at this point.

And the part that hurts most is...IDK if I would ever hear from her again tbh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPaladin View Post
OP: I think you mentioned that you came very very close to but never actually told her that you love her right? IMO, sometimes, those 3 magic words can really make all the difference...just mho, but they are actually the 3 most powerful words in the entire English language
I wished I had asked to see her one last time during her "closure call". I've always done better with her in person in lieu of text and that's not something I wanna say in a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I would wait till then, and then send her something meaningful, something that she mentioned before, or related to an interest she talked about previously, that shows you were paying attention.
That's what I was thinking of. She's a big harry potter fan so I thought about getting her the blue ray collection or something. It sets up perfectly because I'll just send her a gift and nothing else. No message because I've said enough. If she reaches out great but if she has nothing to say, i'll know then and there she's moved on and i'll stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Be careful, OP. It may be the current boyfriend who responds to your I appropriate approaches, not this girl, and that could be at the girlfriend's request. You my not be physically hurt, in fact I doubt it, but you could wind up seriously embarrassed and humiliated.

Bother her enough and she will get others involved in her defense. Because she definitely will start to feel creeped out at some point. No means no. No doesn't mean, hey, I'll bet she secretly wants me to push harder. In fact this mindset is seriously uncool.

Save your dignity, for gosh sakes. Get it together and move on.
lol they've already broken up. And my dignity has already been lost tbh. And as it stands, as terrible as it may sound...I don't buy that she really wants me out of her life. If she didn't she never would've unblocked my number or ig. She never would've called when I messaged, or messaged me after the flowers. She's mentioned in the past when she's done with someone...she drops them. Period. I know that doesn't mean she hasn't done the same, but I can't help it...

Old 03-04-2018, 04:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelambofdeth View Post
It sets up perfectly because I'll just send her a gift and nothing else. No message because I've said enough.
No, if you reach out like this, you need to say more. There is plenty you haven't said, and she needs to know that you think and feel differently about things, if that is actually the case.

At the very least, you need to apologize for the ways you disrespected her.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:31 PM

376 posts, read 208,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No, if you reach out like this, you need to say more. There is plenty you haven't said, and she needs to know that you think and feel differently about things, if that is actually the case.

At the very least, you need to apologize for the ways you disrespected her.
I have apologized. For taking her for granted, betraying her trust. That it wouldn't happen again. I've said how much I missed her, how much I care and value her.

I've tried to relay to her how different I feel now. Both personally and regarding her. How I've pretty much never this strongly about someone before.

Perhaps in a month and a half(what a ****ing coincidence) I'll have better constructed my feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships