Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2018, 07:44 PM

529 posts, read 505,923 times

Advertisements

Everything. I hate online dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 08:43 PM

639 posts, read 374,537 times
My children are "my world" - Everyone seems to love to write this

Bragging about being "sassy" -- No thanks. Someone needs to take out the trash

Generally coming off with an abrasive attitude.. A prelude to the joys ahead???

Etc etc..

Old 03-05-2018, 09:17 AM

127 posts, read 101,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've told this story before, but eons ago, when it was new and they didn't yet have those sappy TV commercials, I tried eHarmony. Signed up for six months. Never got a match.

So about a month before the expiration, eHarmony sends an email asking me to re-up. I said no, thanks. They asked why.

I said because I paid you for six months and you never sent me even one match. I'm going to pay you now for six more months of nothing?

They said they would review my profile to see what the problem was. They came back with "you are too tall and our data shows that only 3% of men would consider dating you because men want to be at least three inches taller than their partners." Then they again asked if I wanted to sign up for another six months.

The day after that, they send me a match, It's a guy who says he is Italian and grew up in a castle in northern Italy that was handed down from his ancestors. Now he lives in Hoboken, NJ. However, if I met him, I would not think he was Italian, but I would probably think he was Swiss.

Why???? Do you wear lederhosen and yodel?

I realized they had sent me The Guy They Can't Find A Match For Either, and I let my membership lapse.
It's called "weeHarmony" for good reason. Same experience here.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:10 AM

948 posts, read 766,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
My children are "my world" - Everyone seems to love to write this
This was the first that popped into my mind. Translation of this is my kids are all that matters and you don't. It's amazing how many people think this is good to put down. It's like one of those things that does matter but you don't put it on your profile.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:30 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,904,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
This was the first that popped into my mind. Translation of this is my kids are all that matters and you don't. It's amazing how many people think this is good to put down. It's like one of those things that does matter but you don't put it on your profile.
Kids DO come first. Such people are looking for grown-ups who don't whine that the three-year-old needs her mother even though the whiner needs a handie.

Parents often gravitate to other parents for this reason. Everybody's a grownup and understands that while dating is dating, the kids are alive and breathing and possibly, once in a blue moon a date will actually need to be canceled (gasp) or put off to a different day.

But since some people will aggressively pursue another person based on his/her own reasons, THEN freak out that, whatttt? - there's a kid? Didn't guess that...just because it's stated in the profile, some single parents feel the need to weed these out ahead of time. Everybody wins.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,281,607 times
If they say they have a strong personality aka they like to be rude.

Automatic skip.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:06 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,837,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If they say they have a strong personality aka they like to be rude.

Automatic skip.
So...you have tried OLD?

Old 03-09-2018, 04:46 PM

506 posts, read 506,719 times
These kind of women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8yUhUXl-oY

Old 03-09-2018, 04:52 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,763,165 times
1. The word drama, unless they are an actor or talking about their favorite movies.
2. Weird punctuation or too many typos.

For example, I recently saw someone who used the following list format, for a 7 point list. item 1 ,item 2 ,item 3........

3. Using the word female
4. Age range of 20-80

Old 03-10-2018, 01:38 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,043,578 times
alright, I try not to be be too critical, but we all have "those little things" which just make you automatically click on next profile.

For me:

- a headline photo which features your dog or cat. I've seen women who put the dog center-focus with a hat on - and they are in the background off to the side as an afterthought. I don't want to date your dog. I honestly don't care what he looks like. Is your dog cuter than you?

- profile photos that consist ONLY of snapchat filtered flower crowns and anime-enlarged eyeballs and dog noses.

- largely blank, empty profiles. You don't have to answer every question, but if you post 2 lines and "ask me"... what can I even say we have in common? How can I divine what you bring to the table, if aren't willing to talk about who you are, what is your sense of humor, what do you like to do on the weekends?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships