Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 08:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 803,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Now I just got a "I wish I was hanging out with you text." And only 2 dates in. And really the first one was a first meet. I'm flattered but also slightly worried/creeped.nmive dated a lot and I've never had a girl come on like this.
RUN!!! And don't look back! Seriously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 08:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That's being pretty weak, though, don't you think?
No. It’s a life lesson. The more desirable you are or the harder you are to replace, the more people are apt to tolerate from you. Ugly people are more subject to zero tolerance policies for behavior than beautiful people. Just a fact.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
I've been out twice with this girl and I get a feeling I MIGHT be seeing some red flags. She already likes to text a lot, and then I basically got a text from her wondering why I don't text her that much. Once she got sad I didn't respond to her text soon enough. It kind of make sure me feel pressured to text her more or respond faster. Then after dates she always basically asks me out again and I got a text today saying "when do I get to see you again." It's just a clingy possessive way to word it. Now she is decent looking, but I'm still not sure how much I like her, and am afraid she will turn crazy on me or something.
Go with your gut instinct and bow out now, since there's no doubt that she refuses to accept your boundaries.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:03 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
I'm 42 and pretty much only text nowadays, with everyone, not just women I'm dating, and much prefer it.

But she's definitely sending up red flags. If she's texting you about not responding fast enough she'll be a nightmare girlfriend.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:10 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
It depends on your expectations and tolerances. Personally, I think it is too soon for her to be so attached to you. This kind of seems to me that she doesn't have much of a life. Otherwise she would be too busy to notice.

It would be a good idea to actually TALK to her about what her expectations are and to explain that if you don't text back right away you are probably busy working or something else. That she shouldn't take it personally. Sometimes people who have no life do not realize that other people DO.

As for wanting to see you again. Hey, she likes you. How many men would DIE to have a woman actually WANT to see them again? Plenty, trust me.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:44 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,392 times
And for the hills!! Failing that, run for the hills!!!

Old 02-23-2018, 01:33 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
Yes, she will probably "turn crazy" - she's already showing the signs. She is needy and insecure and will always need constant validation. Pretty soon if you aren't texting her quickly enough, it will because you're cheating on her! At the very least, she clearly lacks any kind of self-discipline or ability to delay gratification.
The ' why don't you text me more' stuff is all about validation, but at least she's not playing games about wanting to spend time with you. I'd give it a bit more time before I ended it.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:52 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
OP, Do you have any emotions, ever?

She's pretty...so? Do you like her?

Old 02-23-2018, 03:23 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,922,182 times
QUOTE=The Dissenter;51112109]This won’t be popular but a lot of guys, myself included, will put up with a lot more BS if we think we can get a great looking woman out of it than we would a more average or below average woman.[/quote]
Why would that be unpopular.

If a person has more attractive qualities, everyone will overlook more unattractive qualities.

It's like a scale. The more you add to one side the more you can add to the other before it gets out of balance in tyhe other direction.

Quote:
Well it's just one part of the total package. Most people weigh all their positives with negatives. Good looking is a +1. Also, I wouldn't expect clingy behavior from desirable or attractive girls because guys should be fighting over them.
No. Good looking isn't a "+1". It might be. But it might be a +5 or +10.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:11 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
OP, Do you have any emotions, ever?

She's pretty...so? Do you like her?
Why do you say the comment about emotions? I'm not sure if I like her yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships