Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:41 AM

29,734 posts, read 34,340,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Maybe she just really likes you and she's excited about seeing you again? I mean, would that be such a bad thing if you were someone that she got excited about spending time with?
And OP could actually tell her that he's not a big texter, so she shouldn't expect an immediate response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 08:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Huh? You just said a guy will "put up with" crazy and clingy if she's hot.

So apparently...it IS that hard.

'Cause he won't put up with crazy and clingy. Well...until he will.

Except he'll complain about it on a message board because duh! Crazy and clingy are just wrong.

So it's bad! But it's good. Or...neutral. JUST the hot part is good...? But....no wait. It is a +1. Or not...it could be either a +3 or +4 but that is weighed against the negatives but maybe 3 negatives could be offset by hot if hot in this case equals +4, making it outweigh the negatives by 1?

Or something.

Yeah. Seems it IS "that hard."

Do what you want, OP.
Okay, this made no sense and I’m not interested in even attempting to interpret it. But dig at me all you want.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:46 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And OP could actually tell her that he's not a big texter, so she shouldn't expect an immediate response.
Well now...that would just be too easy. (stroking chin; squinting consideringly)

That's just what she THINKS he'll do.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:47 AM

50,315 posts, read 63,868,866 times
Just tell her you aren’t textworthy.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:48 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,933,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I did! Its not just the texting frequency though that raised a flag.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I did! Its not just the texting frequency though that raised a flag.
If there are all these red flags why are you considering her????

Oh yeah, because she is hot...

We are right back to square one. You are THIS concerned. Enough to post the situation on a message board and worry it to death. BUT you're not just ditching.

If what you want is for all of us to tell you is that this is all fine, stop feeling the way you feel (obviously pretty concerned) and somehow she will morph into a different, non-texting personality so that you can have the hot body....except with a personality that is not actually her, no, we can't do it.

You know there are red flags, you are trying to rationalize and somehow drum up support to stay despite them, and you will get what you get. You know you can't get assurances, based on what you have written. I'm sorry. Whatever happens from here, given the fact that you are already alarmed after just two dates but are clinging to "well but...she looks good," is on you. Own it; good luck.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If there are all these red flags why are you considering her????

Oh yeah, because she is hot...

We are right back to square one. You are THIS concerned. Enough to post the situation on a message board and worry it to death. BUT you're not just ditching.

If what you want is for all of us to tell you is that this is all fine, stop feeling the way you feel (obviously pretty concerned) and somehow she will morph into a different, non-texting personality so that you can have the hot body....except with a personality that is not actually her, no, we can't do it.

You know there are red flags, you are trying to rationalize and somehow drum up support to stay despite them, and you will get what you get. You know you can't get assurances, based on what you have written. I'm sorry. Whatever happens from here, given the fact that you are already alarmed after just two dates but are clinging to "well but...she looks good," is on you. Own it; good luck.
You seem offended and mad. I figure I should at least sleep with her before dumping her, don't you think?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:03 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times
Quote:
You seem offended and mad. I figure I should at least sleep with her before dumping her, don't you think?
Of course. It's Friday ... what else are you gonna do?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Of course. It's Friday ... what else are you gonna do?
If the day ends in a Y it is a good day for that.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I'm not mad, but you don't seem to be understanding, so I am laying it on the line.

"Should" you sleep with her and then dump her? That is an odd question.

Why would you ask total strangers this question? Why are you asking us to direct every stage of your relationship? I will be honest, no adult should need to ask for literally every step this way. I will repeat: these decisions are yours. Own them. Whatever happens is on you. Because this is your choice and your relationship. You already know you are nervous about all this. It is not "should" you do X or Y. It is: will you, as a grownup, decide to do X or Y, with the full knowledge that something might he pretty wrong here.

This is up to you. It truly is. We can't tell you: okay, tell her this, see how she responds, then sleep with her, then do this...you're an adult. Make the decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships