Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:12 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times

Advertisements

Tell her you aren’t a big texter. Why these women love to text so much is beyond me. It’s annoying and disruptive. Nothing worse than getting texts and then she gets her feelings hurt if you don’t respond right back. Tell her if she wants to be this invasive then you will need to cut her loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 09:13 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
You seem offended and mad. I figure I should at least sleep with her before dumping her, don't you think?
LOL. Okay.

But you already worry she goes nuts on you so don't you think she'll go even more bat**** crazy after you sleep with her? At least do it at her house, so she won't know where you live and you can just leave after. USE PROTECTION.

My take: If you were really into her, you would be looking forward to every text. Be a nice guy and tell her this isn't working out and block her number.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:14 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm not mad, but you don't seem to be understanding, so I am laying it on the line.

"Should" you sleep with her and then dump her? That is an odd question.

Why would you ask total strangers this question? Why are you asking us to direct every stage of your relationship? I will be honest, no adult should need to ask for literally every step this way. I will repeat: these decisions are yours. Own them. Whatever happens is on you. Because this is your choice and your relationship. You already know you are nervous about all this. It is not "should" you do X or Y. It is: will you, as a grownup, decide to do X or Y, with the full knowledge that something might he pretty wrong here.

This is up to you. It truly is. We can't tell you: okay, tell her this, see how she responds, then sleep with her, then do this...you're an adult. Make the decisions.
I was just trying to get a rise out of you, but you didn't catch the sarcasm. I'm not going to sleep with her and dump her.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:14 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
If the day ends in a Y it is a good day for that.
Nah, there is never a "good day" to knowingly be an a-hole to someone.

But if you're not trolling an are gonna do this anyway, might as well do it today and get it over with. I have a feeling you're just messing with us.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
I was just trying to get a rise out of you, but you didn't catch the sarcasm. I'm not going to sleep with her and dump her.
Let's be real here: there was no way to detect that you weren't seriously asking that, since you ARE seriously asking whether you should be concerned about a girl you literally think may "turn psycho."

Sarcasm is an art. It doesn't work well for everybody and to get it across in writing is even tougher.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:34 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Anyone who puts up with BS because of how the perpetrator looks is weak and easily manipulated.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:51 AM

136 posts, read 101,327 times
You know it's funny, I'm in the exact same situation. I'm seeing this guy who really doesn't know a whole lot about me, but is already telling me he's falling in love with me, gets upset when I don't text back right away, thinks I'm seeing other guys, and just an all around WALKING RED FLAG.

So why have I stuck around?

Sex.

I've come to think sex turns people into idiots.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:02 AM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
You know it's funny, I'm in the exact same situation. I'm seeing this guy who really doesn't know a whole lot about me, but is already telling me he's falling in love with me, gets upset when I don't text back right away, thinks I'm seeing other guys, and just an all around WALKING RED FLAG.

So why have I stuck around?

Sex.

I've come to think sex turns people into idiots.
For me, sex is a bonding experience. So, yeah, it does tend to make me stupid. So I wait as long as possible, until the brain says it's okay to let the lady bits have their say. Not forever, but at least a few dates.

I run from love-bombing now, before it ever gets to the bedroom. Because oxytocin.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:14 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
For me, sex is a bonding experience. So, yeah, it does tend to make me stupid. So I wait as long as possible, until the brain says it's okay to let the lady bits have their say. Not forever, but at least a few dates.

I run from love-bombing now, before it ever gets to the bedroom. Because oxytocin.
This right here is taking responsibility and owning it. ^

If you understand that you're influenced by something physical over a host of red flags, then going forward or not are equally on you (not "you" as in Ann specifically above, but anybody).

Yes, we have hormones. Yes, we have drives. But we ALSO have intelligence of a specific type (to varying degrees, but a specific type) that we NEED to utilize as a social species. In less social species, or species where the father will not stay around (female/male are separated after sex and do not stay together during the rearing of the young), doing it and running are perfectly fine, and normal. But as a social/family/bonding species we can't just take "physical genes look good, but crazy" as our go-to option because the crazy isn't necessarily leaving after the sex act. It may just be sticking around.

The more social the species (and we are extraordinarily social - even our self-proclaimed "introverts" are right here on the internet, actively contacting hundreds or thousands of people at a time), the more the way the opposite sex acts and seems, comes into play, v. just the physical.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:24 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
Yeah, no you are all just airheads. I had let go of all of that when I decided to find someone online in dating sites. MY husband actually ghosted me for a week. When we were dating, can you believe that? He actually got snippy at me when I message him first. I usually don't message first but that 1 time I message him first he was like, not now, I was like OK. LOL. WTF.

If I was still proud like most of my life. I would not have been married by now. But well like I said, that's why you all are single.

He was very rude and snippy early on. And you had to swallow your pride. But hey, you get to tell people you're married, and that's all that matters for a most of you married people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships