Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 09:49 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,139,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
If she was on vacation, then she probably had to make sure that she was available for these conversations. Perhaps she couldn't go out or had to listen to the phone calls during some activity. That is probably why she felt a little annoyed. One week is really not that long, I would encourage the OP to instead send one text a day and don't call at all. His GF might be a blunt, sarcastic person, not a touchy/feely type. The OP should just relax...
Okay, but if you had to work late and weren't going to see your SO before they went to bed, you'd probably call to check in, see how their day went, etc. I just don't understand this sentiment that a vacation should be a time to treat your SO completely differently from how you would on a day-to-day basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 09:54 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
I think you need to relax. It sounds like you want a lot of communication even while away. My husband and I travel separately. Just for fun. When I go to Vegas I maybe send one text a day just to say I am alive and see they everything is ok at home. We don't need to talk back and forth constantly. When my husband was in Thailand for a month we barely spoke. He sent the odd email saying he was ok, that was about it.

Your husband went to Thailand for a month? Was it for business or vacation? Did he visit Bangkok and Pattaya by any chance? You must a be a very trusting person

Old 02-26-2018, 09:54 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Doesnt sound like shes that into you. You may be interrupting her vacation sex with all of your texting and calling, and shes annoyed by it.
Yup. She's been banging away with a bunch of guys the whole time, and he's been intruding with his texts. You're right on the money, as usual.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:16 AM

95 posts, read 89,337 times
Mod cut: quoted post deleted.

As metallica said....sad but true. My mom always gets on my younger brother for how he treats his wife because she doesn't understand that if he was all lovey and clingy she would've run for the hills.

Last edited by RedZin; 02-26-2018 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: No "alpha/beta" slurs

Old 02-26-2018, 10:16 AM

235 posts, read 148,488 times
My husband rarely calls, text me when he's out without me. I was surprised he texted me when we were on vacation separately. Him, with his friends, me with myself and I. LOL. At first, it kinda stings but it is what it is. You either accept that they are just not communicative when apart. I don't see a big deal really.

Actually my husband hates and I mean really hate coz he goes into full blast blah blah angry mode when I ask him, what took you so long? If he went for errands by himself or went home later than usual from work. He just goes nuts everytime. LOL.

Some people are just not emo like you. Deal with it.

As for your GF's response. I dig it. How can she really have time to miss you when you bombard her with text and you do have phone convo everyday. I mean how needy can you be, dude? Who is the girl in this scenario? It definitely is not your GF.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:19 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
I am a clingy person and calling twice a day would annoy the crap out of me.

I think you are overdoing it. Talk to her when she is back and see what she says. For now, BACK OFF.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yup. She's been banging away with a bunch of guys the whole time, and he's been intruding with his texts. You're right on the money, as usual.

I don't know why she wouldn't just put her phone on silent mode if she was doing that. Or vibrate, maybe.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:27 AM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Your husband went to Thailand for a month? Was it for business or vacation? Did he visit Bangkok and Pattaya by any chance? You must a be a very trusting person

It was for fun. He had always wanted to go and had a chance to go with some friends from work. I encouraged him to go when he brought it up And yes, I am aware of what goes on in Thailand, the women, etc, but I trust him. Anyone can cheat anywhere if they want to badly enough. So why would I not encourage him to go on a once in a lifetime trip when he has the chance. I go to Vegas without him and he trusts me. We have been together many years and have pets and a child and a good life together. Yes, he did visit Bangkok.

I choose to trust him, and vice versa. He has never given me a reason not to. We dated for a year before we even committed to each other, and really got to know each other while dating. Then another few years before we got engaged. I am aware that anything can happen in life, but I choose to trust. We have both been cheated on in the past, but we got over that before we got together.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:42 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
My husband rarely calls, text me when he's out without me. I was surprised he texted me when we were on vacation separately. Him, with his friends, me with myself and I. LOL. At first, it kinda stings but it is what it is. You either accept that they are just not communicative when apart. I don't see a big deal really.

Actually my husband hates and I mean really hate coz he goes into full blast blah blah angry mode when I ask him, what took you so long? If he went for errands by himself or went home later than usual from work. He just goes nuts everytime. LOL.

Some people are just not emo like you. Deal with it.

As for your GF's response. I dig it. How can she really have time to miss you when you bombard her with text and you do have phone convo everyday. I mean how needy can you be, dude? Who is the girl in this scenario? It definitely is not your GF.
Calling someone twice a day that you've been with long term is bombarding someone?

No wonder dating and relationships in America are in pretty sad shape (with thoughts like yours).

Old 02-26-2018, 10:49 AM

235 posts, read 148,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Calling someone twice a day that you've been with long term is bombarding someone?

No wonder dating and relationships in America are in pretty sad shape (with thoughts like yours).
I did not say bombard in calls, I said text, if I read your post right. What part of some people are just not emo like every other person did you not get?

What part of you do talk to her like you said 2x a day plus text correct? Did you not get? And you still want her to miss you? LOL.

She obviously is not what you need then? A GF who makes it a point to text and call you PLUS tell they miss you every single day you're apart. It's not her thing. Do you get that? She is not you. She is her own person. You either deal with it or move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships