Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:14 AM

102,096 posts, read 107,233,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldT1m3r View Post
He is weird, I would not get involved. How many old relationships does your ex wife have? I would stay away all together.
Did you read the part, where the OP's wife said they were only friends, and then he disappeared from school altogether? There never was a relationship. The weirdo is making it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,955,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
another thing I forgot to tell you, if in fact, you or your wife contact him, according to the law, that is an open invitation to him...don't do it...stay silent and record everything.

The police told me, even if I contacted him once, asking him to stop, that was considered according to the law, the wrong thing to do, as your opening a line of communication to someone you don't want in your life....so...if he calls you, hang up but log the calls. Block his number and log that, etc....

the man I was referring to, thought if a woman looked at him, she wanted him. There are a whole lot of distorted people out there, so please be careful.
Excellent points. That's why I love City-data. It's like crowd sourced knowledge.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:27 AM

102,096 posts, read 107,233,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Excellent points. That's why I love City-data. It's like crowd sourced knowledge.
OP, you need to talk to police about this yourself, to inform yourself. Although to me, his last communication sounded like he was going to give up and go away, there's no way to know at this point, if he'll follow through. It can't hurt to talk to police.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,273,066 times
OP--I've read along but not commented previously. Some one gave you a great suggestion about spending a few bucks to see what it out there about your address. You shouldn't assume that because the house is in the name of a trust he can't find it.

I can still go online and find rental addresses I lived at 30 years ago. If you receive any kind of credit card bills, subscriptions, etc. at your house, don't assume that information is not public. Companies sell those addresses to other companies. It can and does work it's way into the public domain.

Have you asked yourself how he found out your name? How did he find out who you are if your wife hasn't been in contact with him for over a decade? I'm not implying anything by that question--just pointing out that your home address is not as private as you seem to think. I don't mean to sound creepy, but if someone gave me some basic information about a person (name, approximate age) I could probably find out where they lived in an afternoon of online searching. At the very least I could narrow it down to one or two people.

Since he's emailed twice it's time to call the non-emergency police number and make them aware of what has happened.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:07 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,955,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
OP--I've read along but not commented previously. Some one gave you a great suggestion about spending a few bucks to see what it out there about your address. You shouldn't assume that because the house is in the name of a trust he can't find it.

I can still go online and find rental addresses I lived at 30 years ago. If you receive any kind of credit card bills, subscriptions, etc. at your house, don't assume that information is not public. Companies sell those addresses to other companies. It can and does work it's way into the public domain.

Have you asked yourself how he found out your name? How did he find out who you are if your wife hasn't been in contact with him for over a decade? I'm not implying anything by that question--just pointing out that your home address is not as private as you seem to think.

Since he's emailed twice it's time to call the non-emergency police number and make them aware of what has happened.
Yeah I plan to file a non-criminal report with the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships