Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 09:35 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Do you believe this will happen?

Are you just going to wait for her to bring it up again? Because she probably won't. Her words are meaningless as you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 09:44 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you believe this will happen?

Are you just going to wait for her to bring it up again? Because she probably won't. Her words are meaningless as you know.
I have no idea..Why are her words meaningless? The first trip was never a sure thing she said it was 50/50 from the beginning that it would happen ..She couldn't go because of her daughter.

I don't know what shed gain making wanting to go away up

Old 03-14-2018, 09:54 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
She didn't make it up per se. She threw it out into the conversation to make you happy, knowing it would send you into a pink cloud, sustained by her gift of hope, and you would never dare follow and burst the bubble.

That's what she does. That is her pattern. She is stringing you along. I don't know why she does it, but it was clear to us long ago that she is selfish and cruel.

You say you want to go ahead and get closure, so do it. Start planning a vacation for the two of you ALONE. Make sure she knows your intentions are romantic. Go as far as you can with the planning until she is forced to commit yes or no. Then you have your answer.

Do you have the balls to do this?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
She didn't make it up per se. She threw it out into the conversation to make you happy, knowing it would send you into a pink cloud, sustained by her gift of hope, and you would never dare follow and burst the bubble.

That's what she does. That is her pattern. She is stringing you along. I don't know why she does it, but it was clear to us long ago that she is selfish and cruel.

You say you want to go ahead and get closure, so do it. Start planning a vacation for the two of you ALONE. Make sure she knows your intentions are romantic. Go as far as you can with the planning until she is forced to commit yes or no. Then you have your answer.

Do you have the balls to do this?
I will but I think you're being harsh on her..She's used the friend word many times with me so I dont think she's ever led me on verbally at least.. some physical gestures I guess you could say maybe..

Maybe she really wants to go away with me as a friend? Or more? Or maybe it was a comment between two friends drinking and buzzed that she didn't think through and forgot about already..I've done that..

But it's thinking the worst of her and painting her in a pretty bad light to say she's stringing me along..That would be extremely disheartening and is hard for me to believe

Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I've never invited her on a trip..She asked me if I wanted to go to Miami with her and her sister a few months ago if she went but she didn't end up going..

When we talked Friday she said we should go on a vacation together this summer..
So in other words...more reeling you in, without any actual follow-through.

She can "say" she wants to take you to a hundred different places. She can say she wants to shuttle to the moon with you. But nothing appears to actually be materializing.

However, she's aware (even if instinctively) that every time she throws out such an idea, you rush back.

Remember in Almost Famous? "Let's go to Morocco together..." That's fiction, though loosely autobiographical, but the idea isn't a new one. Make promises, the person who's gone on you will return all that adoration that makes you feel so good.

I know you think it doesn't show but if you're still obsessing over her holding your hand ONE time last summer then trust me. She knows. It shows. Clearly. You make her feel really wanted but if she wanted you too, she wouldn't be allowing you to hold her hand once every 9 months and telling you maybe you'll go on a trip, but it never happens. She'd have been way more clear about things by now.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Yeah, I have to agree with Zentropa on this one...sorry dude

Old 03-14-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with Zentropa on this one...sorry dude
I disagree with the stringing along..Even if she only likes me as a friend I think she cares for me enough that she wouldn't do that..

There were flirts and messages I sent out that she didn't respond to that she could have if she really wanted to string me along.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:12 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Op....you know what's up.

You just don't want to accept it.

You'll learn eventually.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:14 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

But it's thinking the worst of her and painting her in a pretty bad light to say she's stringing me along..That would be extremely disheartening and is hard for me to believe
We know... And this is really the whole problem.

You're still seeing it in black-and-white and hyperbole...if she "just" wanted to use you, why would she X, Y and Z...as if the two choices are: either she's a crystal white angel of sweetness and 100% genuine, or she's a monster who uses men and throws them away.

It sounds way more likely she's in the middle - a very real, flawed person like anybody else, who feels really good when someone really wants her, but whose heart isn't into ever really giving back because she's not feeling it. But I don't think you want to believe that either.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Op....you know what's up.

You just don't want to accept it.

You'll learn eventually.
I still want closure..and I still don't want to believe she's as bad or as calculating as you guys say.. I hope not at least..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships