Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 10:31 PM

424 posts, read 236,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Actually, being super aggressive from the outset pretty much eliminates everybody.
Not really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 03:26 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Dude, you probably torpedoed yourself with her about 7 (I think it was August when you first mentioned her?) months ago. That was the time to tell her you wanted to go out with her, not now. It's worth a shot now, you really have nothing to lose, but it's probably too late. You might have had a chance back in August. Only you think you do have something to lose, her friendship if she rejects you. This is why I think continuing to be friends with someone you like/want as more than a friend is a bad idea. It might be a little different in your case, as you knew her before she was available, but you're so hung up on her that it might prevent you from meeting someone else. And you say ''It's not like I'm gonna meet anyone else'', but that's just the story you tell yourself and when that's what you believe, that's exactly what you're gonna get.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:18 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Well believe it or not I got the balls to call her and in typical me fashion hit another road block..

I couldn't get through to even hear a ring so I texted her and she said her phones not working well because it's old and for some reason she can't get calls on it anymore.

So what do I do now? Do I text her and say I want to take her out on a date?

Old 03-15-2018, 08:24 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Sure, just explain that you would rather have asked by phone...or...even better, can you go see her in person?

Old 03-15-2018, 10:34 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Well believe it or not I got the balls to call her and in typical me fashion hit another road block..

I couldn't get through to even hear a ring so I texted her and she said her phones not working well because it's old and for some reason she can't get calls on it anymore.

So what do I do now? Do I text her and say I want to take her out on a date?
I think you should see a shaman, to resolve the jinx that's causing all these ridiculous obstacles. Clearly, there's something going on, on another level. I mean, it couldn't hurt, at this point. This is crazy.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:50 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Funny how there's always a convenient excuse to "dodge" your attempts.

C'mon, OP. PLEASE open your eyes.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:42 AM

I know it sounds like an excuse on my part but it's not she's mentioned this before I could screen cap the texts for proof lol..

So do I say it through text or just ask her to hangout like usual and tell her in person?

Old 03-15-2018, 11:59 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Text her right now. Ask for a number where she can be reached by phone. Then call her.

The ask her for a DATE not a hangout. Don't let her say she needs to "check" or "think about it." Let her know you are waiting for a response.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:59 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I know it sounds like an excuse on my part but it's not she's mentioned this before I could screen cap the texts for proof lol..

So do I say it through text or just ask her to hangout like usual and tell her in person?
JBT, if you literally need every step run past a few hundred people this way, then you can't handle a relationship I'm sorry to be this blunt but it's a reality. What are you going to do, ask five or six questions a day before speaking to, going out with and responding to every single thing that happens in this association?

I think you should address these deeper problems before trying to go out with anybody at all. I feel you are looking for some magical formula of words and deeds to make this woman suddenly change her mind...because deep down you already know she isn't into you. That formula doesn't exist. And asking for every single part of every single step of the way even to get to the point of a date at all is way beyond obsessive.

I think (putting therapist hat on, sitting back with pipe) that you are so terrified of having a relationship that you have subconsciously picked someone you know isn't really into you. Even when there were indications that something might happen - last summer - you made sure to put stumbling blocks in the way and "miss" your chance. In this way you can keep yourself distracted from the actual risk of an actual relationship, because all this tap-dancing takes up all the time you could otherwise be spending on a real, actual relationship.

I really feel you should talk to somebody. I don't mean somebody here on CD.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
JBT, if you literally need every step run past a few hundred people this way, then you can't handle a relationship I'm sorry to be this blunt but it's a reality. What are you going to do, ask five or six questions a day before speaking to, going out with and responding to every single thing that happens in this association?

I think you should address these deeper problems before trying to go out with anybody at all. I feel you are looking for some magical formula of words and deeds to make this woman suddenly change her mind...because deep down you already know she isn't into you. That formula doesn't exist. And asking for every single part of every single step of the way even to get to the point of a date at all is way beyond obsessive.

I think (putting therapist hat on, sitting back with pipe) that you are so terrified of having a relationship that you have subconsciously picked someone you know isn't really into you. In this way you can keep yourself distracted from the actual risk of an actual relationship, because all this tap-dancing takes up all the time you could otherwise be spending on a real, actual relationship.

I really feel you should talk to somebody. I don't mean somebody here on CD.
Not at all it's insecurity and thinking I'm not attractive enough more then anything..

Also it's hard for me to build a repertoire with random women im terrible at breaking the ice where with her I already have.. i know a lot about her and feel so comfortable talking to her unlike other single women I don't know.

As for not going for it when I had the chance I never really had the chance..like I said anytime I tried to respond to any of her aggressiveness she'd pull back..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships