Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 07:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
We get along amazingly.. she claims she loves me so much that I'm so funny I'm sweet etc what else could it be?
I can say all of those things about probably 30 friends. And my kids.

It takes more. For one thing, she hinted heavily and you dropped the ball. There could be other turnoffs. Not friendship turnoffs, mind you. But relationship material turnoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 07:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
O
Or maybe because he has never had a relationship it could be true. The only people who would understand this at men who are in his position. I used to be and the only reason I'm not now is because I don't care anymore.
We understand that he has never had a relationship. We are disagreeing that looks have to be the reason. Look around you. Think of every guy you know who is married or has ever had a girlfriend. They're all hot? Your Uncle Harry, your boss, your doofy friend who used to light his farts on fire, the dude who does your landscaping, all of your college friends...they're all hot? Or even all average? No ugly dudes in the bunch, eh?

Old 03-16-2018, 08:37 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We understand that he has never had a relationship. We are disagreeing that looks have to be the reason. Look around you. Think of every guy you know who is married or has ever had a girlfriend. They're all hot? Your Uncle Harry, your boss, your doofy friend who used to light his farts on fire, the dude who does your landscaping, all of your college friends...they're all hot? Or even all average? No ugly dudes in the bunch, eh?
THANK YOU for asking this! These guys must never leave the house, all you gotta do is take a walk somewhere and you'll see an ugly guy or two with a good looking woman and vice versa. It happens in same sex relationships, too. And you bring up a good point, also, to look around at people you actually know or know of.

And while you're at it, think of people who you know who ARE good looking, but just don't ask out any/enough women or are bad with social skills. My best friend is good looking. In fact, he's had two long term relationships (9+ years and one that was almost 5 years) and they both looked like celebrities. First one looked almost identical to what Chloe Grace Moretz looks like now. Due to the age difference and us not knowing who she was 11-20 years ago, it didn't become apparent until Chloe grew up. The other one looked a lot like Lauren Cohan, and everybody picked that one out. She got that comparison a lot. He doesn't ask anyone out because he's rattled by rejection. I even asked my fiancee just between us if she thought he was good looking and she said yes. I know she would tell me the truth. She's not gonna hurt my feelings if she tells me she thinks he's ugly.

Ugly guys go out with women all the time. Guys who never ask out any women, are afraid to ask them out or talk to them don't go out with any. I mean, the OP has been talking about this woman for 7 months now and only asked her out last night.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:51 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The only lesson I learned is I'm not attractive physically lol..Let a women show she's attracted to me from the beginning and I'll pursue.
I disagree with posters on this forum. Looks and fun are the primary things that matter to women. If you're below a certain threshold in the looks department, you're gonna have a bad time.

Height matters more than looks though (it's the single most important factor to women). I think I read somewhere that you're tall.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
O
Or maybe because he has never had a relationship it could be true. The only people who would understand this at men who are in his position. I used to be and the only reason I'm not now is because I don't care anymore.
Personally, I've had several relationships and hookups. So I'm not exactly in your boat either. But most of the respondents here are women and male feminists.

You're not going to find much empathy for men in this physical/mental state in those crowds.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Height matters more than looks though (it's the single most important factor to women). I think I read somewhere that you're tall.
No it's not, stop propagating this. It's another constant meme on this forum, that's usually way off. Besides, a lot of the guys who complain about being short are usually like 5 foot 8 or 5 foot 9, which is barely below the average male height in most regions of the world. You would think the guys who complain about their height are like Joe Pesci or Danny DeVito. It's just another rationalization and excuse for other things they're missing or not doing. My best friend that I talked about is 6 foot 2, 205-210 pounds of low body fat, size 32-33 waist and looks good in a size medium T-shirt, which is tight on his chest and a bit loose around his waist.
Quote:
Personally, I've had several relationships and hookups. So I'm not exactly in your boat either. But most of the respondents here are women and male feminists.

You're not going to find much empathy for men in this physical/mental state in those crowds.
You're way off base with this. They're not gonna find much empathy from the men you speak of, either, who will eschew those types for doing nothing but sitting at home, complaining on their computer and giving up on asking any women out and talking to more women.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
to

I asked a lot of women and was rejected every time, just because I don't ask women out anymore isn't the reason I have never been on a date. I have no reason to believe that if I would have kept asking women out that it would've worked for me.
I'm gonna say your approaches need a lot of fine tuning. You probably look awkward doing it, your body language is probably really lacking. You probably give off a nervous vibe when talking to women. I'm gonna bet your eye contact is probably way off, you might be looking at the floor when you're talking to them.

Even the best looking guys get rejected about 90% of the time. Which is why I shake my head when I read someone say that they sent 20-30 messages on OLD, only got 2 replies, one phone number and zero dates. They're under the impression that the really good looking guys are getting a reply on every other or two out of every 3 messages.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

You're way off base with this. They're not gonna find much empathy from the men you speak of, either, who will eschew those types for doing nothing but sitting at home, complaining on their computer and giving up on asking any women out and talking to more women.
That's not true. I'm not eschewing OP. I think I'm the only one in this thread that sympathizes with his plight.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
That's not true. I'm not eschewing OP. I think I'm the only one in this thread that sympathizes with his plight.
And you're one of these ''Masculine'', ''Manly'', ''Non-feminist'' males? That's exactly who I was talking about. They would shun these types for doing nothing to help themselves, not sympathizing with them.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
And you're one of these ''Masculine'', ''Manly'', ''Non-feminist'' males? That's exactly who I was talking about. They would shun these types for doing nothing to help themselves, not sympathizing with them.
If you read through my posting history, you will see that I absolutely am one of those guys. I abhor feminism (though I make use of it for personal gain because, well, why not?).

I do sympathize with OP because he's most likely a victim of our current societal structure: an ugly, socially awkward, but overall good guy that will continue to struggle due to the female-dominated social hierarchy employed by the western world.

If anything, everyone else here is doing what you claim "masculine, manly" males do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships