Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 12:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah now that there's no chance of being with her anymore or at least physical
affection there's not much use I have for her anymore..it's not like she's helping me find other women.

So much for the "She's my true friend, we talk about everything, it isn't must that I'm trying to get with her" stuff.

I mean I figures this, bit the totally user way you put it is actually a shock. Talk about a 180.

I'm sure she felt this all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Also the fact that she also constantly asked me if my good looking friend who she doesn't even like that much wanted to be hooked up with a bunch of her friends instead of me is a sign she must think I'm unattractive.
That's a sign that you were getting too feely or hint-y at that moment so she was subtly pushing you off.

You were NEVER her friend.

Maybe part of your problem with women is that you don't seem to think of women as actual people. You pretend to care about them overall but really you're just saying "whatever" to keep them around long enough to finally make your move.

You need to do more than her dating advice. You need to learn to treat people as people. Not prizes to be won or lost. This mindset makes you unattractive because while you're trying to "win" you are just slavering after the person like a hopeful child. So it's not helping you either. This larger issue is no good for your 'targets' and it's no good for you.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
And she was using me for some attention and affection..

Of course if a attractive girl who I also get along with great gives me the time of day since nobody else will I'm gonna fall for her..it's called being a human..
Yep, and she knew you knew this by the way you were tiptoeing around the subject so as not to rock the boat, and it made you even less attractive to her.

She couldn't resist the pull of being made to feel like a goddess but she knew she wasn't into you and she put off telling you. She must have known it was wrong but weirdly, people who use other people tend to lose respect for those they use. It's just like the guys here who say they try like hell to have sex immediately with a woman, but then lose respect for the woman because she obviously puts out early. Same thing.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:12 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
After 500 years of saying you didn't want to declare yourself to her because, if turned down, you'd also lose her friendship.......all of a sudden she's worth nothing to you?
Cute, real cute.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are failing to consider a third and obvious reason. She finds you too weak, insecure and passive to be attracted to. Ask any woman what a turnoff that is.

I dated a guy off and on for years who was like that. I kept hanging out with him because he was handsome, funny (in a weird way) and we enjoyed the same things. I really really wanted it to work, but I could not get past his weak, easily dominated personality. He'd had terrible relationships where awful women had taken advantage of him, and he would just take it. He would have let me do the same, and I couldn't respect him.

Are you really the man you want to be?
I'm confused.

Isn't this a traditional gender role? Don't we shun traditional gender roles here on this forum?

Or do we only do this when it's convenient for us?

Old 03-17-2018, 03:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
I'm confused.

Isn't this a traditional gender role? Don't we shun traditional gender roles here on this forum?

Or do we only do this when it's convenient for us?
There is no such thing as female hive mind. Different women are attracted to different things.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:06 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
You are failing to consider a third and obvious reason. She finds you too weak, insecure and passive to be attracted to. Ask any woman what a turnoff that is.

I dated a guy off and on for years who was like that. I kept hanging out with him because he was handsome, funny (in a weird way) and we enjoyed the same things. I really really wanted it to work, but I could not get past his weak, easily dominated personality. He'd had terrible relationships where awful women had taken advantage of him, and he would just take it. He would have let me do the same, and I couldn't respect him.

Nah everytime she showed signs she pulled back..plus her ex is stil in my social circle it was a weird situation for me

Old 03-17-2018, 04:18 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's a sign that you were getting too feely or hint-y at that moment so she was subtly pushing you off.

You were NEVER her friend.

Maybe part of your problem with women is that you don't seem to think of women as actual people. You pretend to care about them overall but really you're just saying "whatever" to keep them around long enough to finally make your move.

You need to do more than her dating advice. You need to learn to treat people as people. Not prizes to be won or lost. This mindset makes you unattractive because while you're trying to "win" you are just slavering after the person like a hopeful child. So it's not helping you either. This larger issue is no good for your 'targets' and it's no good for you.
I was being tongue in cheek..but the truth a when she finds someone else she's not gonna see me anymore anyway

Old 03-17-2018, 04:43 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is no such thing as female hive mind. Different women are attracted to different things.
LOL okay. If you say so.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-17-2018 at 11:22 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 05:19 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

This is what I've been wondering, since early on in the OP's narrative. Women are attracted to guys with some level of pizzazz. The OP doesn't come across as that kind of guy, with sufficient confidence to have some of that spark. Though he says he's able to make women laugh, which is something, but ... that's not a golden key, by itself. IDK...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships