Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:42 AM

529 posts, read 508,412 times

Advertisements

Just wondering. Seems like a lot of fat dudes are marr d, but they were skinny before they ti d the knot.

I gained a bunch of weight from medication. Really don't feel like going through relative hell with gymig it hard and diet to drop it. Am I protect by the anti-aging shaming movement ????

Old 03-02-2018, 08:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
Just wondering. Seems like a lot of fat dudes are marr d, but they were skinny before they ti d the knot.

I gained a bunch of weight from medication. Really don't feel like going through relative hell with gymig it hard and diet to drop it. Am I protect by the anti-aging shaming movement ????
Is it harder for you to lose weight or get rich?

Old 03-02-2018, 08:51 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:

I guess they must. Coming up on 75% of the U.S. adult population is overweight, slightly more men than women. A bunch of these adults aren't married and are probably dating.

I don't know that I'd date someone who gained, even from medication, but didn't "feel" like doing anything about it. It's that latter part of the attitude that would be unattractive to me. But some women would, so, this being Friday...go out there and get that date!

Old 03-02-2018, 08:57 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Yeah, most people are overweight, but the degree of overweight might make a difference. Are we talking soft around the middle, or someone who looks (and waddles) like he's 9 months pregnant?

Old 03-02-2018, 08:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know that I'd date someone who gained, even from medication, but didn't "feel" like doing anything about it. It's that latter part of the attitude that would be unattractive to me. But some women would, so, this being Friday...go out there and get that date!

This is the turn off. People that have this mindset are a turnoff.

Everyone, if medically able, should be working out regularly (personally, I don't get single dudes that are exercising at least 5-6x a week).

Old 03-02-2018, 09:33 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

Fat guys who do have something to offer, some kind of cachet, like--a great personality, or outstanding musicianship, get a lot of attention. If you're just an average fat guy with a bland personality, though, you won't have women flocking to you.

It's not that hard to lose weight, if you find the right diet. Low carb, and building lean muscle mass at the gym and consuming extra protein to support that, is the way to go. See the Diet & Weight Loss sub-forum under "Health", to ask about the details. Seriously, OP--it's not that hard, once you pull together your resolve. Some people get great results with Weight Watchers, which provides a lot of support to the morale, through their meetings, and isn't quite as radical as a straight low-carb approach.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
I know an ugly fat guy who has been married 7 times. He also went to jail for robbing a bank. I had to talk my attractive older friend out of dating him. Her reason? "But he's so FUNNY! And so NICE!" Oy gevalt.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:20 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
The 800 lbs guy from that 600 lbs reality show just died. He was engaged. His fiance is ugly as hell but hey, just lower your standars as your weight goes up.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
The 800 lbs guy from that 600 lbs reality show just died. He was engaged. His fiance is ugly as hell but hey, just lower your standars as your weight goes up.
That was sad. They seemed like a true love match. Everything went downhill when he couldn't get his painkillers anymore. He was obviously depressed as he was on two RX antidepressants plus Melatonin. But until then, the level of love was tremendous.

He wasn't 800 lbs. when they met but he did exceed 500 lbs., IIRC.

She said she loved him because he was funny and kind and he loved to go out and do things. He wasn't dependent on her in the beginning. He was entirely self-caring and had a job. I think they said he had been a telemarketer.

However (yes, I'm addicted to the show, LOL) the overwhelming part of the time, when people THAT big (and dependant, that's probably even the more important factor) find partners at their size, the person who "loves" them is living off their SSI, and/or are "paid" to be "caretakers" (by the government...I think?), or have some pretty obvious delays/disabilities in certain key ways. It's not really the norm for a gigantic, entirely dependent person to be loved romantically. Even when that does appear to be the case (romance/attraction) you will see the spouses fairly frequently freaking out when the previously very very overweight person loses weight. Because they obviously chose the overweight and disabled person because s/he "was going to stick around" no matter what, but now that s/he can get out and about and may be attracted to other people, s/he might leave. That's actually really common (that POV) and it is extreme, extreme insecurity that causes the non-morbidly obese spouse to pick out a disabled (due to extreme size) person.

I doubt the OP weighs 800, 600 or 500 lbs., though. If by "fat" he means the average guy, who is...well, fat, then yes, you see such men with women. And yes, of course they bring something else to the table. FEW people in life, male or female, literally just stand there, do nothing, say nothing, have no personality, don't give AF and have others flock to them. Few, and it's always temporary because it's generally based almost entirely on looks, which can and do fall.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:49 AM

As for the "has to be rich" thing, boyfriend please.

Look at the majority of the nation, including marrieds, and you tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships