Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:49 AM

15,054 posts, read 10,050,643 times

Advertisements

Congrats!

I agree. you'll have to go with the flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 09:05 AM

23,168 posts, read 26,128,216 times
Way before trying to hold her hand, according to some

Old 03-04-2018, 09:19 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,294,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think it's most appropriate to do so within the first two dates, especially if you feel there's genuine chemistry and connection.

By the second date for sure.

I know some guys may think women 'respect' and like them more if they hold out on any forms of intimacy, but that's not always the case. Some women like guys that take the initiative, not 'soft' guys.

But like I said, if you feel genuine chemistry for her, then you have to make that move sooner or later. Plus, a first kiss is also a great way to screen out someone who doesn't really like you in that way. If the other person hesitates or turns away, you know where you stand. Of course I'm not saying force a kiss on someone, but just making that move.
I've been stuck with some guys that have extremely low "drives" so I think it's best for a kiss to happen no later than the 2nd date. Otherwise I wonder if they even want to or if they do, they obviously lack assertiveness. I've been known to initiate myself but that is not ideally what I'm looking for, at least for a first kiss.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:24 AM

777 posts, read 451,013 times
Will the OP come back and kiss and tell?

With OLD, I didn't really want the kiss to happen on the first meeting. If we met and agreed to meet again for a real "date", then I would be cool with it on the first real date.

But seeing as the first casual meet has already happened, I hope OP went for it

Old 03-04-2018, 09:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,775,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
Will the OP come back and kiss and tell?
I'm betting yes ... and looking forward to it!

Old 03-04-2018, 09:27 AM

15,054 posts, read 10,050,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I've been known to initiate myself but that is not ideally what I'm looking for, at least for a first kiss.
Not arguing or trolling. Why is initiating the kiss not ideal or what you are looking for?

I think most women wouldn't take it wrong if you are on a date and the guy leans in for a kiss too early... at least that's what I've experienced. They just turn their head and play it off... kiss on the cheek. From a guy's perspective, we don't have a choice .. we are expected to initiate. So gotta just go with the flow... better to show interest and try than to let things go too long and let her loose interest waiting.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:07 AM

777 posts, read 451,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Not arguing or trolling. Why is initiating the kiss not ideal or what you are looking for?

I think most women wouldn't take it wrong if you are on a date and the guy leans in for a kiss too early... at least that's what I've experienced. They just turn their head and play it off... kiss on the cheek. From a guy's perspective, we don't have a choice .. we are expected to initiate. So gotta just go with the flow... better to show interest and try than to let things go too long and let her loose interest waiting.
Here's a tip for the guys who aren't sure when to initiate the kiss. Don't. But communicate to the woman later that you were thinking about it. You'll either get a thank you, not quite ready yet, or an invitation for next time. But either way, you have communicated your physical interest without making it awkward if she's not into you, or into you but not comfortable jumping right into physical displays of affection.

Speaking from personal experience, guys have done this and my response has been positive. The kiss generally happened the next time I saw them. If it wasn't someone I felt any attraction to, I wouldn't be seeing them again anyway.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:33 PM

5,428 posts, read 4,436,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
Here's a tip for the guys who aren't sure when to initiate the kiss. Don't.
Not a good tip. Most tips for guys written by women are not helpful. Often times, when women write tips like these, it is written to their ideal and not to their practical responses in the real world. Guys who initiate end up winning.

Here's how to initiate, written by a man who has been in the trenches of dating.

Playfully touch her, whether it is a first date or you are out at night trying to get laid that night. See how she reacts to touching of her arm, shoulder, back or legs. If it's good, keep escalating. If not good, back off for a few minutes, then try to escalate again. If she likes that level of touching, up the ante. Run your fingers through her hair as one last test to be certain she wants to be kissed, or just flat out look deeply into her eyes, lean in, and kiss her!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:38 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,226,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Not a good tip. Most tips for guys written by women are not helpful. Often times, when women write tips like these, it is written to their ideal and not to their practical responses in the real world. Guys who initiate end up winning.

Here's how to initiate, written by a man who has been in the trenches of dating.

Playfully touch her, whether it is a first date or you are out at night trying to get laid that night. See how she reacts to touching of her arm, shoulder, back or legs. Keep escalating. If not good, back off for a few minutes, then try to escalate again. If she likes that level of touching, up the ante. Run your fingers through her hair as one last test to be certain she wants to be kissed, or just flat out look deeply into her eyes, lean in, and kiss her!
Nope.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:01 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,294,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

Well, what's wrong with her turning her head...or with him starting with a cheek kiss and seeing if it goes further?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships