Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia2432 View Post

The relationship is very much convenient at this time. I'm a professional woman and do well for myself, but he definitely earns much more than I do and is very generous. He pays all of our household expenses and buys me a lot of nice things.

Sometimes when I want something, I'll just leave open the web page with the items in the bag. Within a few days, usually those items appear.

If he didn't love me, I seriously doubt that he would be working so hard to please me.

Wow, this sucks. I'm not even going to waste any more time on this thread.

You're a liar and a user. Time to get right within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 06:35 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Assuming this isn't a troll thread, that is just sad. I feel bad for the guy...

Old 03-04-2018, 06:36 PM

19 posts, read 9,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Being with him without being in love with him IS cruel. You are lying every day you live with him.

Unless you have a previously discussed understanding where you are just together for companionship and affection, etc, you are deceiving him.

If you are afraid to be alone or whatever it is that keeps you with him, you need to work on that. You don't use him as a way to ignore your problems.
The relationship is very comforting at this time and I don't plan to end it just yet. I am not ready. I do like him and would like to keep him as a friend, if possible.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Assuming this isn't a troll thread, that is just sad. I feel bad for the guy...
I wish it wasn't true, but well, it is my life at this time. You state that you feel bad for him, but do you feel any sympathy for me?

Old 03-04-2018, 06:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
I wish it wasn't true, but well, it is my life at this time. You state that you feel bad for him, but do you feel any sympathy for me?

Sympathy??? NOPE!! Distain" YES!! If you are such a successful professional person then why do what you are to this an honest/innocent male friend??

Don't make your problems HIS.. It appears it's NOT him but you! Why would you EVER accept moving in with him IF you aren't really in to him as a "Soul Mate" ??

I actually worry about your future.. IF you want a " Bad Boy" then why use someone who treats you well?

Again~ Sympathy for you.. GMAFB

I agree with previous poster who suggested "Troll"..because no one would actually have the NERVE to seek sympathy for what situation you set yourself and an innocent " Nice guy" and admit false pretences!!

Old 03-04-2018, 06:50 PM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Why would you be so unkind to someone who cares about you?

Old 03-04-2018, 07:13 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Why would you be so unkind to someone who cares about you?
I know, right? She sounds like she is just using him for a get-over until something better comes along. Its a dangerous game to play with some people.

I feel sorry for this guy. OP, try to keep in mind, what goes around, comes around. Don't be surprised if that guy you leave him for turns out to be just like you.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:21 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,300 times
Quote:
I don't believe he knows how I feel about him. He just thinks I'm a bit introverted and believes this is why I am sometimes distant. I am definitely introverted, but it's also true that I'm distant not because of my introversion, but because I am not in love with him and don't really want to be with him long-term.

The relationship is very much convenient at this time. I'm a professional woman and do well for myself, but he definitely earns much more than I do and is very generous. He pays all of our household expenses and buys me a lot of nice things.

Sometimes when I want something, I'll just leave open the web page with the items in the bag. Within a few days, usually those items appear.

If he didn't love me, I seriously doubt that he would be working so hard to please me.
You need to stop treating him as a bank with unlimited funds and tell him the truth about how you REALLY feel about him.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:23 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,337,485 times
Quote:
You state that you feel bad for him, but do you feel any sympathy for me?
I do because I was in a relationship like yours for years. I found out that I was not my ex's "type" physically. She was a blue eyed blonde who preferred light skinned black males with muscles (I'm a thin dark skinned black male). Within 3 months of our break up (after 10 years together), she was already "in love with" a light skinned prison guard with lots of muscles. The prison guard dumped her; then all of a sudden she wanted me back. I moved on and I'm quite happy with my wife (who is black by the way).

The irony here is that my ex under-estimated how much she had probably fallen in love with me over the years. She also over-estimated her chances of finding a nice generous guy after kicking me to the curb. So YES, I feel sorry for you. Why? Because your man will figure you out, he will move on to a BEAUTIFUL woman who loves him, and the man of your dreams (the guy you find that you think is "perfect" for you) will most likely treat you like dirt (or at the least, treat you worse than your current man). My ex was cute; I hope you are too. You'll need it....

Old 03-04-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I do because I was in a relationship like yours for years. I found out that I was not my ex's "type" physically. She was a blue eyed blonde who preferred light skinned black males with muscles (I'm a thin dark skinned black male). Within 3 months of our break up (after 10 years together), she was already "in love with" a light skinned prison guard with lots of muscles. The prison guard dumped her; then all of a sudden she wanted me back. I moved on and I'm quite happy with my wife (who is black by the way).

The irony here is that my ex under-estimated how much she had probably fallen in love with me over the years. She also over-estimated her chances of finding a nice generous guy after kicking me to the curb. So YES, I feel sorry for you. Why? Because your man will figure you out, he will move on to a BEAUTIFUL woman who loves him, and the man of your dreams (the guy you find that you think is "perfect" for you) will most likely treat you like dirt (or at the least, treat you worse than your current man). My ex was cute; I hope you are too. You'll need it....
I am happy that you found happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships