Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 01:38 PM

384 posts, read 376,137 times

Advertisements

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/3/35/3...ctures__5_.jpg

She probably was your true love. Maybe she never got married because she felt the same way about you. You need to honor your marriage vows that you made before God. I believe that we each find someone that we truly love and that when we do we need to hang on to them tightly because it may not happen again in our lives. Life isn't fair , you need to do the right thing for your wife and children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 03:28 PM

1,058 posts, read 675,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I spent 21 years in an unhappy marriage while never being able to forget my first love, a girl I was with for 2 years in high school. Three years ago, I found her again after 28 years and we fell in love instantly, like we'd never been apart. I got divorced, and my first love and I have never been happier. We live together now and plan to be married in the next year or so.

For years, I thought of her as "the one who got away", but once I found her again, I knew she was just "the one". We only live once, and often that first love really is our ONLY true love. It's completely up to you as to whether or not you do something about your feelings for your first love, but always remember that it's better to go to your death bed regretting something that you did than regretting something you didn't do.

Enjoy this song, it went a long way towards helping me to reach my decision to find her again. Best of luck to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCnno-3EGE
This sounds really magical, but the likelihood of this happening for everyone who was stuck on their first love is not realistic. I'm so happy that this is your truth and your happiness, but I think the OP is being selfish and is stringing his poor wife along. He is vacillating between real life and a fantasy and it's not fair. Make a choice OP. Be present with your wife or be gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships