Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 04:37 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Because if we were engaged and had an unexpected pregnancy, at least the commitment is there. If you’re just dating? Maybe it is because I am a woman not a man but an unexpected pregnancy impacts me a lot kore than him when there iis no guarantee he would committ.
Got ya.

Yeah, I had a girl who for religious reasons would not use the pill and wouldn't have proper sex. Let's just say young and very horny is a dangerous mix.

Anyway, I married her.

All my other girlfriends I made sure were on the pill. Prior to that, we practiced the calendar method and that old unreliable standby. And used suppositories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 04:48 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Oh right. That has been mentioned before.

I'm confined to prescription condoms in my country - or so I thought. I've actually never tried the prescription ones so I can't comment on them. I wouldn't know where to start looking for the ones you mention. Ones that both feel and fit.
Quote:
Got ya.

Yeah, I had a girl who for religious reasons would not use the pill and wouldn't have proper sex. Let's just say young and very horny is a dangerous mix.

Anyway, I married her.

All my other girlfriends I made sure were on the pill. Prior to that, we practiced the calendar method and that old unreliable standby. And used suppositories.
Absolutely. I would also use the pill but I would feel much better with two methods in place.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:52 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
I'm confined to prescription condoms in my country - or so I thought. I've actually never tried the prescription ones so I can't comment on them. I wouldn't know where to start looking for the ones you mention. Ones that both feel and fit.
Hint: you're on the internet right now...

Old 03-10-2018, 05:00 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
I recommend condom use consistently until you are in a relationship committed. My GF and I were in an open relationship.... We both insisted on condom use for ourselves and with our partners. No exceptions.

If you dont like the condom, perhaps you just haven't found the one that suites you.

A long time ago, my FWB and I went to an adult store and bought a whole bunch of different ones... It was fun experimenting. We even tried out the female condom which was a hoot... Long story short we laughed so hard trying to figure that one out.

Ultimately, changing and trying different ones once in a while, I ended up with this brand

Japanese Condoms - Strong, Reliable, Thin

Old 03-10-2018, 05:02 PM

52,246 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Is it just me or does the thread title evoke some non-pg13 imagery?????

You do the math.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

You do the math.

It's very difficult to have a romantice forum within the PG13 restriction. Romance is not PG13. It's raw adult stuff.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

You do the math.
Yes, it seems that way, it's a weird thread, and then you have the guy bragging about his extramarital sexcapades and condom experimentation. WTF?

Old 03-10-2018, 05:11 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Aah but you said "outside of monogamy and prior testing".

On your last point, if a woman is sleeping with several men, what guarantee do you have that she is STD free? I mean, you don't know that all her partners use condoms. She could be carrying a gift that keeps on giving. That would mean using condoms with her forever, and never being able to go down under. Sure she can get tested but that's what I meant. Thinking about it, what if her test results come back positive?

Downside of going down? Not knowing the other guys are using condoms? Or when she last slept with one of them? There's DNA as well as STD's to consider.

I don't know. Maybe some or most men don't mind or care?

Do you not get tested regularly and share tests with people? If you're not, it doesn't matter if they haven't had sex for months, or years. You test, and share tests, and in between play safe or do monogamy (And be tested).

I don't understand "dna", you're not going to get pregnant giving oral!

And if her tests, or your tests, have a positive, there is a discussion to have and decisions to make. Her not having sex for a year doesn't change that!

Old 03-10-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I recommend condom use consistently until you are in a relationship committed. My GF and I were in an open relationship.... We both insisted on condom use for ourselves and with our partners. No exceptions.

If you dont like the condom, perhaps you just haven't found the one that suites you.

A long time ago, my FWB and I went to an adult store and bought a whole bunch of different ones... It was fun experimenting. We even tried out the female condom which was a hoot... Long story short we laughed so hard trying to figure that one out.

Ultimately, changing and trying different ones once in a while, I ended up with this brand

Japanese Condoms - Strong, Reliable, Thin
Thanks. I've got that bookmarked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Hint: you're on the internet right now...
You got me there.

But how would it be different to the label on the boxes in the drugstore? They all claim the same thing. I bought other things on the internet and the claims were exaggerated. Like a bluetooth USB radio. (You were thinking ... ? )

Old 03-10-2018, 05:13 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

But how would it be different to the label on the boxes in the drugstore? They all claim the same thing. I bought other things on the internet and the claims were exaggerated. Like a bluetooth USB radio. (You were thinking ... ? )

You try a whole bunch of different ones. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships