Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:26 PM

639 posts, read 375,955 times

Advertisements

From what I've seen, the younger "Millennial" boys have adopted the short attention span, superficial minds, work ethic, etc of their counterpart sex.

They've increased the age of adolescence up to 24..

'Adolescence now lasts from 10 to 24' - BBC News

Not making this up.

So like minds with like minds.

I think generally your generation x people would get annoyed and lose patience with either of the Millennial sexes, even as good as the ladies look now a days

Oh well good to play with not to pay with In my experience, older women are generally going for a maturity and stability factor over testosterone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 12:27 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
It's the OP's opinion. One that actually has evidence backing it up. Why are they not able to say that, even if it disagrees what you believe is correct?

To live in denial is ignorance, and to call it hate speech because it hurts your feelings is ridiculous.

Where is this evidence?

Old 03-11-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Where is this evidence?
Just look around you timberline

Take off the blinders

Old 03-11-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Just look around you timberline

Take off the blinders

Yeah, so there is none. I don't know a single woman of my generation dating or sleeping with (more than a one off or vert short term flings) a kid, and certainly none of the 20 something guys in my work place are pursuing older women.

I'm open to seeing evidence of this, a study, preferably a peer reviewed journal one, or a competently collected data set.

Women my age seem to be more outspoken about feminism than the younger set. Narcissism? Well, every generation has an abundance of that with you, and both boys and girls have it in oodles, unfortunately.

Adolescence has been defined to be up to 24 because we now know what is so very obvious, that the human brain is not fully formed until about 25.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Where is this evidence?
Ok though we'll have fun with this..

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...feti/22099995/

Why millennials aren't buying homes - Business Insider

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2018/0...r-generations/

https://www.glassdoor.com/employers/...e-millennials/

Plenty more examples.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:35 PM

None of that is evidence supporting the OPs statement. Delaying marriage and families comes with both economic uncertainty, and increased education. This is a better educated generation, so they delay marriage and families (very wisely!), the individuals in my generation (X) that had advanced degrees, or even undergrad degrees, delayed these things as well. They (millenials) also entered adulthood in a bad economy, which will delay home buying.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, so there is none. I don't know a single woman of my generation dating or sleeping with (more than a one off or vert short term flings) a kid, and certainly none of the 20 something guys in my work place are pursuing older women.

I'm open to seeing evidence of this, a study, preferably a peer reviewed journal one, or a competently collected data set.

Women my age seem to be more outspoken about feminism than the younger set. Narcissism? Well, every generation has an abundance of that with you, and both boys and girls have it in oodles, unfortunately.

Adolescence has been defined to be up to 24 because we now know what is so very obvious, that the human brain is not fully formed until about 25.
seriously get off your high horse playing night in shining armor.

It's not impressive but sad.

I can give you more evidence than I just previously did, if I cared to spend the time to educate you.

According to you, parents back in the 50s having 4 + kids by the age of 25 did not have a fully formed brain.

Done educating for the day.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
seriously get off your high horse playing night in shining armor.

It's not impressive but sad.

I can give you more evidence than I just previously did, if I cared to spend the time to educate you.

According to you, parents back in the 50s having 4 + kids by the age of 25 did not have a fully formed brain.

Done educating for the day.

Not according to me. According to science. You know, a discipline that provides evidence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621648/

Old 03-11-2018, 12:40 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,454,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
A thought has occurred to me recently. I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
The only reason that there could be anecdotal evidence of this phenomenon is because of the massive oversupply of single men relative to single women in the 20-39 age range. Some leftover males might find some leftover females. I don't think this is happening enough to be considered a trend, though I'm not sure that it is statistically insignificant. I think there has been a rise in the older female-younger male pairing simply due to oversupply issues.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:53 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I do not ever date men in their 20's at my age.30's yes.
Hell, I wasn't interested in men in their 20s when I was in my late 20s. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships