Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 09:37 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
We should not be teaching males home economics. I'd rather see males being taught shop classes, hunting, and fishing. I also don't think young females are domesticated enough. We should teach young women this stuff.

As a never married male, I've had to learn how to cook nutritious meals, how to grocery shop & plan meals, how to clean, & how to do laundry. My preference would be for a woman to do these things for me. I don't need it though since I can fend for myself in these activities. Some men marrywomen now that are poor homemakers.
Awww, poor baby. You hated learning to become self-sufficient. Poor you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 04:00 AM

1,080 posts, read 836,539 times
Quote:
As a never married male, I've had to learn how to cook nutritious meals, how to grocery shop & plan meals, how to clean, & how to do laundry.
So you've had to be a regular functioning adult, you're saying.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:38 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Yeah, I agree. That's absolutely outrageous! I think you should sue for wages not rendered.
Ha!

Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
A thought has occurred to me recently. I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
In a way, yes. I'm a millenial and had a FWB-relationship with a 40 year old when I was 20, and felt more attuned with her than with many other millenials. But the trick seems to be to find a only moderately-feminist girl around my own age, which I have now. Time will tell if it works out.

In general though feminism is a mental cancer I can't stand which in sweden eliminates about 70% of all millenial woomen from my dating pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How on earth could anyone answer this question when it is laced with such stereotypes and bigotry?

People have individual preferences based on their socioeconomic, educational and personal background, plus their individual experiences, tastes, influences and God-given innate personalities.

The answer is (write this down). Some do. Some don't.

You seem like a very black and white thinker who gets nervous about things that can't be solved mathematically.
What do you think generalisations are for?
Stereotypes exist for a reason, and especially those who think they don't belong to one, usually fit the description of one perfectly.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:05 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Stereotypes exist for a reason, and especially those who think they don't belong to one, usually fit the description of one perfectly.

Generalizations and stereotypes generally exist due to individuals wanting to make things "easier" for their limited cognitive skills. It's natural, of course, people (not all, but many) label groups and then they become easier to dismiss, or discriminate against, without having to expend more mental energy.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:02 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
I shouldn't have had to learn it. I've had to cook more meals than male ancestors in my family in the previous 2 generations. I got a raw deal.
What happens when a man has to cook his own food.

*snerk*

There is nothing at all wrong with wanting a "traditional" woman who will take care of your household. IF you are prepared to earn enough to keep both of you happy in whatever standard of living you both want and expect, and if you find a woman who is happy with this lifestyle. I've known plenty of women who were happy to stay at home, raise kids, and care for a home...but they did not ALSO have to work a full time job, therefore doing the work of 2 people. Heck, I know people in the D/s lifestyle who will be thrilled to do all that stuff and kneel by the front door for you when you get home (men and women, in fact), but you've got to be worth it.

If both of you need, or choose, to work full time jobs though, then, a.) put aside some money for service pros to care for your home, yard, and kids, or b.) share the workload of cooking, cleaning, maintenance and parenting. It ain't rocket science.

I also know people who are adapting to our current economic circumstances in some rather creative ways, which I think might be driving some of the poly households I've seen. I know a woman who has 2 husbands (though only one is legal) and collectively they've got 6 kids and another on the way, and a whole bunch of pets, and they get by with one of the men working full time in IT, and she and the other guy both work odd jobs here and there and share the housekeeping and child care (which is a LOT of work with a family that size.) It's like young people living as roommates, people are finding ways to get by and have the life they want, because the model of the young couple that lives on one income with the stay at home mom and the white picket fence is hard to do.

And I think that there was only a limited span of our history as a nation where that was normal, if you go back further, you see far more extended families supporting each other, kids entering the labor force younger, or doing more work at home, and caring for elderly grandparents and parents... I feel like the idea that the kids get a free ride until 18, then go off and live independently with a partner and make a household, and put Mom & Dad in a home, and no one is helping each other, and there's no community support, just these little nuclear family units... I am not sure that's entirely sustainable as a social model.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Is this like in the movie "Young Frankenstein" when the scientists accidentally grabbed an abnormal brain?

Old 03-23-2018, 12:11 AM

424 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
In a way, yes. I'm a millenial and had a FWB-relationship with a 40 year old when I was 20, and felt more attuned with her than with many other millenials. But the trick seems to be to find a only moderately-feminist girl around my own age, which I have now. Time will tell if it works out.

In general though feminism is a mental cancer I can't stand which in sweden eliminates about 70% of all millenial woomen from my dating pool.

I agree.

Why don't you just leave the country? Go to a country that isn't a matriarchy like Sweden and the US.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 AM

424 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Generalizations and stereotypes generally exist due to individuals wanting to make things "easier" for their limited cognitive skills. It's natural, of course, people (not all, but many) label groups and then they become easier to dismiss, or discriminate against, without having to expend more mental energy.
Generalizations and stereotypes exist for people with more important things to think about. It's faster, more convenient, and, oftentimes, true.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
A thought has occurred to me recently. I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
I think they prefer to watch other men do their s/o.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships