Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 12:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Over my life (33/M), I've generally dated Gen X women. Now that I'm getting older, I tend to date younger.
When I was younger I wanted to date young women but it seemed like older women were more interested in me. And now that I'm older I still want to date a younger woman, but it's still the older women that are interested in me lol.

When an older woman was 28 that wasn't so bad, but when an older woman is now 48 it's a no go .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 02:13 PM

4,026 posts, read 3,303,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Just to be honest women of all ages have been acting like jerks lately, complements of social media. They seem to get off on that stuff more than men do, and utilize it for selfish and sometimes narcissistic reasons. I know women in their fifties acting like spoiled teenagers with social media and dating apps, it changed who they are.

Also men take advantage of all of this sexual freedom but don't realize their part in it when they can't find a woman for a serious relationship.

Dating would suck now but often they deserve each other.
I would say there is a pretty wide variance in how both men and women act. Yes there are some women who are complete train wrecks, but if you are willing to take your time looking for it, you can also find some really wonderful women too.

I guess my advice would be don't let the bastards get you down.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:36 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
When I was younger I wanted to date young women but it seemed like older women were more interested in me. And now that I'm older I still want to date a younger woman, but it's still the older women that are interested in me lol.

When an older woman was 28 that wasn't so bad, but when an older woman is now 48 it's a no go .
It's not so much an issue of don't want to as what's attracted to me.

I'm single again and tried out the Facebook dating thing. Probably 2/3 of my matches are 23-28. Very few older than me.

Old 10-29-2019, 05:19 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,911,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
Other than a small window with guys chasing a niche (older women picked up at Bed Bath & Beyond type places) a while back the answer to your question is NO.

Biology trumps headaches. Thankfully the "woke" culture is making open relationships more common so guys who have their stuff together don't have to put up with the crap Millennial women. The rest are free to go focus on their "careers" until it's time to get cats and the guys who can't get any go play video games or whatever pretending it was their choice to be single.

Older guys also go for younger women and those with a bit of game and money get their pick. Others just have to settle for hookups.

There really should be a matchmaking site for women over 30 and cats that comes with a wine club subscription.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:28 PM

972 posts, read 541,989 times
My female relative is toward the older end of Gen X and lived with her mid-millennial boyfriend for a couple of years. But she looks a lot younger than her age, and most people probably thought she was around his age.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:11 PM

45 posts, read 20,662 times
Quote:
A thought has occurred to me recently. I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
You got it backwards. Women tend to prefer older men, and men tend to prefer younger more attractive women. Women care a lot about personality so they probably aren't into younger, narcissistic, entitled millennial men who live off their parent. I as a guy don't want to date a woman 10 years older than me approaching her 40s.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:56 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,709,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdis View Post
You got it backwards. Women tend to prefer older men, and men tend to prefer younger more attractive women. Women care a lot about personality so they probably aren't into younger, narcissistic, entitled millennial men who live off their parent. I as a guy don't want to date a woman 10 years older than me approaching her 40s.
Not true. Stop making blanket statements.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:09 PM

1,417 posts, read 733,874 times
I am a bit surprised no one dredged up this letter of Benjamin Franklin written to advise a young man in selection of a Mistress:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-01-2019, 02:32 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I do! Like all C-D women, I look 20 years younger than I am and liquor store workers have been known to literally lose consciousness from the shock of learning my actual age. Could totally pull this one off. (So to speak.)

Also, you're right. As a female 5-6, I could easily get a male 8-9. Well, if I can find one among my hundreds of daily offers. I don't know what I'm waiting for!

OTOH, do I really need Millennial testosterone? All C-D guys prove that older men are MORE sexually Grond than younger men and can go for many hours with 7-minute downtime for a cigarette and a V8 Splash. Ugh. I hate having to make decisions...let me get back to you when I pare the offers down.

I'm 31 and have always liked older women. If I was single I would be chatting with ya!

Old 11-01-2019, 04:40 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Quote:
A thought has occurred to me recently. I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
Maybe as a MILF/Cougar conquest. Most 20 yo guys aren’t going to be serious about a relationship ship with a woman who could be their mom. There is a obvious exception to the rule but other than purely sexual I don’t see a 20 yo with a 40 yo.

And I doubt most 40 yo would look at a 20 yo as serious relationship material. They would bang each other but serious marriage everlasting ....doubt it

Last edited by Electrician4you; 11-01-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships