Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2020, 10:43 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
But y'all are so happy! It just doesn't make sense that you would need to search that topic since everything is going SO great.

Oh well ... no skin off my or my younger boyfriend's nose.
I don’t think she’s happy in her relationship. People who are happy in relationships aren’t concerned about age difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 10:49 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
But y'all are so happy! It just doesn't make sense that you would need to search that topic since everything is going SO great.

If we weren't happy....I'd be on a dating app ...instead of talking to other women in a forum to support how natural & common it is IMO for younger women to be with older men ...among my friends.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:51 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post

... to support how natural & common it is IMO for younger women to be with older men ...among my friends.
Hahahaha yeah that's not even what the thread is about.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:55 AM

I'm sry some people are so offended by my opinion...........or my personal relationship. JMO that most men.....including millenials.....prefer younger women or women their age.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:57 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Usually it's been the man......they get old enough & the woman gets even older & they are no longer attracted to her. Then a younger woman comes along. Just like celebrity couples.......it's so common that IMO just about everybody knew Ashton was going to leave Demi one day.

I'm not saying women always want commitment ofc......but are you really saying the men always do?
I don't think that there is any always to it, not to much of anything ever, really. But I have observed a very surprising abundance of younger men seeking serious commitment in recent times.

My own sons at ages 18 and 21 (too young to be millennials, I know) are obsessively relationship minded. The 21 year old is engaged to his high school sweetheart. The younger one was talking about a long term future with his first-ever girlfriend, a little over a year ago...he fell for her hard, even though she was a freaking psycho. But it has seemed wild to me, especially in his case, why on earth he would not be young and play the field a bit and enjoy life, why he feels so driven to find a serious partner and try to forge a life-bond when he isn't even properly grown up yet! I think it's good that my older son's fiance is forcing him to slow down some, she won't marry him until she's finished her degree that she is working on, but they do talk about their long term life plans.

And when I was on OLD, there were so many guys who seemed shocked that a woman might be down to have some fun, but would not leap at the chance to get a ring on it, if that's what HE wanted.

In my own life history, I've had more guys of any age fall in love with me, than I've experienced the reverse, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I don’t think she’s happy in her relationship. People who are happy in relationships aren’t concerned about age difference.
I don't agree. I think she seems happy.

But I hope that "I'll always be the younger woman, in comparison to him" is not the foundation for her feeling secure and desired in it, though.

And Tasha, you do come off as "bashing" because you seem to be trying pretty hard to say that no man wants or can love or desire a woman who is in her 40's or older. That even the guys that age/older, still prefer younger women. Sorry hon. You're wrong. The hottest woman I know is...46?...45 or 46, I can't remember for sure...now. She stops conversations and drops jaws walking into rooms. (And I will not deny for one second feeling proud af that I dated her for a while lol!)

All the "well even when it happens, it can't last" kind of stuff you're saying, gives that impression. That you feel some need to establish that younger women are simply where it's at, as far as men of any age are concerned.

While I'm willing to concede the point on what is more COMMON... It just is not by any means an absolute. At all.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't agree. I think she seems happy.

But I hope that "I'll always be the younger woman, in comparison to him" is not the foundation for her feeling secure and desired in it, though.

Thank you Sonic & ofc it isn't the foundation for anything...........we are such a perfect fit in so many ways & I have never been able to communicate with a man the way I can with him. BUT I kinda like the idea that I will always be a younger woman in his eyes tho.. even when I'm 60.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:06 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
And they don't drone on and on about how HAPPY they are either.

Back to the OP -

I know millennials who do prefer older woman/older men. It's a personal preference, as it should be.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Okaaaayyyy ...

It's just a bad look to resurrect an old thread solely to bash a group of which you will be a member not so long from now.

Bad, but not at all surprising.
Yeah- I have a friend who I met when she was 21 and obese. She’s now 40 with a boyfriend in his early 30s and did I mention that she is a hot fitness instructor? So yeah, she’s gotten older, but I’d categorize her aging process as a vast improvement in her looks and health. Age matters to the extent that if you both want children, it is important, but if you already have kids or neither of you want them, then that isn’t so much of an issue. For many people, it is just as much about the emotional connection as it is about the physical one. If someone is hot but there isn’t an emotional connection, a relationship just isn’t going to work.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:

I'm sry some people are so offended by my opinion...........
I don't think people are offended by your opinion. I wasn't offended when the OP and about 20 other people expressed the same opinion a year ago.

As usual, it's the way you express your opinion that is problematic and actually detracts/distracts from it.

Old 05-05-2020, 03:13 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times
Quote:
Thank you Sonic & ofc it isn't the foundation for anything...........we are such a perfect fit in so many ways & I have never been able to communicate with a man the way I can with him. BUT I kinda like the idea that I will always be a younger woman in his eyes tho.. even when I'm 60.
Is this to do with some dynamics of domination and submission? You mentioned in another thread that you want to be more submissive to your man.

Have you heard of the DDlg relationship dynamic? It consists of a caretakerish older man in a relationship with a younger submissive partner. Perhaps that dynamic turns both you and your man on.

But just because you are into it doesnt mean its the only way, or the best way.

There are thousands of other variations that work too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships