Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:45 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Have you ever met a girl you had to have a baby with?
Very much wanted the antecedent, but not that consequence, no.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:30 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmadora View Post

Think about the numbers involved.

Suppose that in a 20-mile radius the there are 2,600 men on dating apps. That means there are 1,000 women on them.

Is there a workaround or a way to game the system?
I think your numbers are too hopeful. And I mean that.

I live in Los Angeles County, with a population of 10.1M. I usually scope my results to a 25 mile radius.

When I search on OKC, it will only show me "15 profiles" at a time. You have to click "load more". I CAN make it to the end of the list. I would say, there are less than 300 women's profiles at any given time, if you scope the results to say "only show me heterosexual women who have logged on in the last week" (because who wants to bother looking at stale archived ghost profiles from users who haven't logged on in a year?)

Maybe 4+ years ago, OKC would tell you the numerical count of your search results. When they went to a more "tile" rather than "icon" user interface, they hid the results count (another reason why Windows 8 and IOS and Android made us all more stupid).

There was a blog page I found, of a CEO of a tech startup who did create a data-driven, anti-romantic, douchebag method to game the system. His method is worthy of suppression/censorship, but I do see how it would work.

For you, I recommend a more conventional method to game the system. Here is a relevant Ted Talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wG_sAdP0U
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships