Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,058 times

Advertisements

hi so im currently dating a women with 7 kids which 2 of them are mine and I'm struggling with how much i should be financially supporting her other 5 kids. there fathers get 50/50 custody and don't pay child support and do not help with any financial responsibilities for school or sports or cars or phones or clothes for school or anything in regards to anything that costs money. I'm self employed and make very good money and she does not work she takes care of all the kids needs and appointments every week and honestly i feel like I'm getting taken advantage of by the fathers cause they are solly relying on me or her but her income is from me..we have very different parenteing ideas but mine are always wrong and I'm not sure if I'm supporting to much for her kids and don't know if i should put the money i put into her kids into mine which are the youngest. id really like the fathers to step up and try but every time i ask my gf she gets mad.i don't know what to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 02:45 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,204,262 times
So, you're the caboose on this train? She had five kids when you met her with how many fathers (?), you had two more kids with her while "dating" and you feel taken advantage of?

I think she saw you comin'. If she won't do anything about child support from the other baby daddies, there's nothing you can do about it.

Well, there is but I doubt you will.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:51 PM

271 posts, read 258,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clewis0075 View Post
hi so im currently dating a women with 7 kids which 2 of them are mine and I'm struggling with how much i should be financially supporting her other 5 kids. there fathers get 50/50 custody and don't pay child support and do not help with any financial responsibilities for school or sports or cars or phones or clothes for school or anything in regards to anything that costs money. I'm self employed and make very good money and she does not work she takes care of all the kids needs and appointments every week and honestly i feel like I'm getting taken advantage of by the fathers cause they are solly relying on me or her but her income is from me..we have very different parenteing ideas but mine are always wrong and I'm not sure if I'm supporting to much for her kids and don't know if i should put the money i put into her kids into mine which are the youngest. id really like the fathers to step up and try but every time i ask my gf she gets mad.i don't know what to do
So you said you're currently dating her but she has 2 of your children. Are you living together or do you have your own place? Did you know about all the issues with the dead beat dad's when you met her or was this something she brought up to you after your first or second child together?

She had 5 kids when you met her. Did you fall in love with her or were trying to take advantage of the possibility that she was looking for someone to help her raise these kids? I only ask cause I'm a single mom and men have always had this "knight and shining armor" theory when it comes to me and I do well on my own so I always sent them away with a little dose of my reality.

My point is, you knew what you were getting when you started "dating" her and you signed up for the whole kit and caboodle!

Old 03-31-2018, 03:57 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
BE A MAN! Support all 7 (8 including her)! Strut around like a peacock because you are such a great provider. You knew she had 5 kids when you launched the brilliant plan to make 2 more with her!

Suck it up!

Old 03-31-2018, 04:07 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
BE A MAN! Support all 7 (8 including her)! Strut around like a peacock because you are such a great provider. You knew she had 5 kids when you launched the brilliant plan to make 2 more with her!

Suck it up!
Or learn to write better stories.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:19 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,807 times
You're complaining now about this?Why did you get involved with and have kids with a woman who already had 5 kids??..and then you had 2 with her making 7 all together.You should have found out more about her situation with her and her 5 kids...like how involved or NOT involved the fathers were,how often or not child support was given to her.You really can't expect to just pay support for your 2 kids with her and not help the other 5 kids.It's not their fault.Taking up with people who already have a lot of kids and then you make some with that person...you need to understand that YOU will be the primary earner in the relationship and you will just have to deal with it.Remember those 2 kids you have with her...well they're also half siblings to the other 5 kids...they're a family.It wouldn't be right for you to just take care ofthe 2 you have with her and ignore the other 5 kids.This is the type of family that you choose to be in..this blended family.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:23 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,334,326 times
Just do what you can. If she's got the calculator going there's a problem. This might be her career.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:56 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,172,091 times
If you were my son,
1. I would have strongly tried to dissuade you if you started to date a woman with five children by multiple baby daddies.
2. I would have tried to dissuade you even harder, if you had a child with a woman that you were not married to first, especially a woman with five children by multiple baby daddies.
3. If you agree to support another man's children, completely letting them off the hook, I would have to assume that you got kicked in the head by a horse and suffered severe brain damage.

BTW, among my friends, relatives, neighbors and co-workers I do not know even one family that has more than two or three children. Even well paid professionals can not usually afford more children than that. Seven children? Absolutely no way.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:43 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,211,543 times
You knew what you were getting into. You sleep in the bed you made

Old 03-31-2018, 07:20 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,390,381 times
You should live in a shoe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships