Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:16 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If she's single what's this "her guy" stuff?
Where are you seeing that? I can't find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 01:18 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Maybe her phone fell in the toilet. You don't know. Much assumption going on there.

But there are people who complain endlessly, and when offered a solution on a golden platter, reject it because deep down, they have some weird need to be allowed to just have their problems.

See it when someone posts a problem here, and people step up to give helpful advice, and they shoot down every suggestion like they came to argue a position that their life sucks, will never get better, and it's not their fault ever. Like they defend the status quo of the very thing they complain about. Happens all the time. She might just be complaining to others because she wants people to give her attention and validation, or feel sorry for her.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Where are you seeing that? I can't find it.
Oh! Sorry. I misread it. NOT one pic of her and "a man." I read it "her man." Unless it was edited but probably no, it must have been a mis-read on my part.

So she's not taken...there's that...unless she's very private.

I would say since they run into each other fairly frequently, she is thinking about how to word things so it won't be weird from now on. Because it's guaranteed she's had 7 seconds to text back "yeah, sure!" unless she's currently doing surgery in a MASH unit in some war-torn country or other. In in mid-launch aboard the space shuttle.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Oh! Sorry. I misread it. NOT one pic of her and "a man."

I would say since they run into each other fairly frequently, she is thinking about how to word things so it won't be weird from now on. Because it's guaranteed she's had 7 seconds to text back "yeah, sure!" unless she's currently doing surgery in a MASH unit in some war-torn country or other. In in mid-launch aboard the space shuttle.
Ok whew. Thought I was carelessly skimming again

Wouldn't it be great if she WAS on the Space Shuttle... ?

Old 03-14-2018, 01:24 PM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
No worries, cats carry toxoplasmosis which causes brain damage. While "healthy adults" are supposed to work up immunity, new research shows that there's still brain damage occurring.

Cat people are, in every sense, brain damaged.

So, go buy a lotto ticket... see if your good fortune holds.
Maybe she just wants something different...

Your Cat

Old 03-14-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Ok whew. Thought I was carelessly skimming again

Wouldn't it be great if she WAS on the Space Shuttle... ?
Well, maybe she is.

I mean let's not discount it.

Hope springs eternal and all that.

It's also possible she is temporarily in cryo as part of a covert experiment to see how long life can be prolonged and aging delayed at sub-zero temperatures with resultant lowered metabolism.

Those are all I've got besides "she's not that into you." I guess we have to wait and see.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:25 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Oh! Sorry. I misread it. NOT one pic of her and "a man." I read it "her man." Unless it was edited but probably no, it must have been a mis-read on my part.

I think y'all think everyone is on their phones all the time. Not everyone is, I know more than a few people that keep their personal phones off during the work day (they have work phones). And even more that even though they have it on, they aren't responding to texts. Or they're in areas with no cell coverage, that happens to me weekly, and I'm in a pretty densely settled (perhaps the most densely settled) state.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I think y'all think everyone is on their phones all the time. Not everyone is, I know more than a few people that keep their personal phones off during the work day (they have work phones). And even more that even though they have it on, they aren't responding to texts. Or they're in areas with no cell coverage, that happens to me weekly, and I'm in a pretty densely settled (perhaps the most densely settled) state.
'k.

Meanwhile, in the OP's world, he has her number already, I'm guessing he's texted her in the past as he says the talk and he had no problem just texting her this time, and he probably knows whether she is the type to carry the phone around all day, since they already know eachother well.

He can't know yet. He's going to have to wait and see. But with this reaction to only a few hours of "no" response, the OP is kind of flippin'...insulting her on an internet forum, the cat lady dealio, he's asking strangers what's up...either a) she is usually on her phone all day and he knows this so that's why he's freaking already, or b) he's totally desperate, in which case, well, let's not point fingers, OP.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:30 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
No worries, cats carry toxoplasmosis which causes brain damage. While "healthy adults" are supposed to work up immunity, new research shows that there's still brain damage occurring.

Cat people are, in every sense, brain damaged.

So, go buy a lotto ticket... see if your good fortune holds.

Toxoplasmosis is one of the most common parasitic diseases and has been found in nearly all warm-blooded animals, including pets and humans. Despite the high prevalence of T. gondii infection, the parasite rarely causes significant clinical disease in cats-or any species.

However, if you have a weakened immune system, you could get seriously sick, or if a newly infected pregnant mother gets it, she could cause problems for her unborn infant.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:31 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
'k.

Meanwhile, in the OP's world, he has her number already, I'm guessing he's texted her in the past as he says the talk and he had no problem just texting her this time, and he probably knows whether she is the type to carry the phone around all day, since they already know eachother well.

He can't know yet. He's going to have to wait and see. But with this reaction to only a few hours of "no" response, the OP is kind of flippin'...insulting her on an internet forum, the cat lady dealio, he's asking strangers what's up...either a) she is usually on her phone all day and he knows this so that's why he's freaking already, or b) he's totally desperate, in which case, well, let's not point fingers, OP.

That's even more disturbing. If he resorts to putting her down because he hasn't heard back in a few hours, I hope she is rejecting him. That's really freaking uncool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships