Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 09:06 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
It might be best to date mature people...this one appears to not understand that shes supposed to delete photos of exes from her social media in honor of the dude she's with (you), nor understand that she should offer to pay once in awhile. Just sayin'.
Also [bolded] full stop.

If they'll have him.

Maybe they'd model some maturity – he could use that. If they stick around for more than 15 minutes.

The age difference isn't the only problem. He's 31. He thinks he looks 25. What he has shown is the emotional lability of someone much younger than that. With "issues."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 09:54 AM

340 posts, read 272,111 times
Today I told her I'm confused about us, she is very sad and said we need to talk this weekend. I'm really thinking about breaking up because I don't see a way out. I was driving to my workplace and thinking to myself, why I'm like this? I'm 31 years old, in shape, good looking always get attention from other girls, almost everywhere I go I get women checking me out, and why I always deal with insecurity and jealousy in relationship? I don't understand, I don't get that. Is there other guys with the same issues in the world? I try to find a reason and I don't know. Its very depressing, very sad my situation. It feels like I'll never be happy in my life! If my therapist don't call me back I'll find another to schedule.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Were you abused as a child? Were you in special ed? Did you suffer a head injury or other trauma? It was something that happened to you in childhood.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:28 AM

669 posts, read 320,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Were you abused as a child? Were you in special ed? Did you suffer a head injury or other trauma? It was something that happened to you in childhood.
Probably over bearing or smothering mother. That usually leads to a naive type outlook.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:48 AM

340 posts, read 272,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Probably over bearing or smothering mother. That usually leads to a naive type outlook.
I don't know, I grew up my parents were divorced since I was born and I didn't have a father figure, only child.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:10 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Did you have special needs in school?

Old 03-23-2018, 11:19 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
Today I told her I'm confused about us, she is very sad and said we need to talk this weekend. I'm really thinking about breaking up because I don't see a way out. I was driving to my workplace and thinking to myself, why I'm like this? I'm 31 years old, in shape, good looking always get attention from other girls, almost everywhere I go I get women checking me out, and why I always deal with insecurity and jealousy in relationship? I don't understand, I don't get that. Is there other guys with the same issues in the world? I try to find a reason and I don't know. Its very depressing, very sad my situation. It feels like I'll never be happy in my life! If my therapist don't call me back I'll find another to schedule.
If I had to guess I'd say it's that you're choosing women not for how much they can love you and how well you get along (in addition to attraction, obviously), but to make a point to yourself. You "can" get the party college hotties, I believe that's what you're trying to prove. The only reason I say that is that *you* bring up age and hotness in your threads, usually in the very first post, and you immediately state how insecure these make you feel. So it's obviously a very, very strong point for you.

So it's something that goes back and forth and grows on itself. You try your hardest to seem "25" and you get together with the girl who isn't really even that great for you, or vice versa, drawing her in by rushing to pay for all the dates and so on. But you already know she's there because of, well, the methods you used to put her there. Not for who you are or because of a serious attraction. She puts out in return and it's sort of an arrangement.

Well, of course under those circumstances you're going to feel insecure. It's because you know from the get-go that she doesn't want you for you and that if a hot guy her age crossed her path she'd be either going to him, or wishing like hell she could.

Honestly I believe this is an ego thing. When you can feel secure without thinking you're as "young" as you used to be (you're not), you'll start returning the affections of women who genuinely care. Until then, you'll keep making awful choices. Now the reason behind all this insecurity about aging or not seeming like the guy who can "pull" the party hotties? That's up to you and your therapist to discover. It could be something major, or not. I can't see jumping to blame Mom, how about totally absent Dad? Or for that matter, something totally else, or a combination? Go discover that, we can not tell you what it is. But it IS pretty clear that when you date, rather than trying to make a connection, you're trying to make a point. As long as you keep doing that you will keep putting YOURSELF into situations that only compound that insecurity.

That'll be $275, leave it with my receptionist.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If I had to guess I'd say it's that you're choosing women not for how much they can love you and how well you get along (in addition to attraction, obviously), but to make a point to yourself. You "can" get the party college hotties, I believe that's what you're trying to prove. The only reason I say that is that *you* bring up age and hotness in your threads, usually in the very first post, and you immediately state how insecure these make you feel. So it's obviously a very, very strong point for you.

So it's something that goes back and forth and grows on itself. You try your hardest to seem "25" and you get together with the girl who isn't really even that great for you, or vice versa, drawing her in by rushing to pay for all the dates and so on. But you already know she's there because of, well, the methods you used to put her there. Not for who you are or because of a serious attraction. She puts out in return and it's sort of an arrangement.

Well, of course under those circumstances you're going to feel insecure. It's because you know from the get-go that she doesn't want you for you and that if a hot guy her age crossed her path she'd be either going to him, or wishing like hell she could.

Honestly I believe this is an ego thing. When you can feel secure without thinking you're as "young" as you used to be (you're not), you'll start returning the affections of women who genuinely care. Until then, you'll keep making awful choices. Now the reason behind all this insecurity about aging or not seeming like the guy who can "pull" the party hotties? That's up to you and your therapist to discover. It could be something major, or not. I can't see jumping to blame Mom, how about totally absent Dad? Or for that matter, something totally else, or a combination? Go discover that, we can not tell you what it is. But it IS pretty clear that when you date, rather than trying to make a connection, you're trying to make a point. As long as you keep doing that you will keep putting YOURSELF into situations that only compound that insecurity.

That'll be $275, leave it with my receptionist.
In other words OP, you want a trophy. Not a companion/significant other.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:21 PM

282 posts, read 236,090 times
Today I learned that traditional dating roles make a woman a gold digger.
I wish I met more women who wanted me to pick them up and drop them off. Not meeting somewhere like we're college buddies hanging out.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:27 PM

524 posts, read 521,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
Actually I make more money than her so I don't mind paying BUT she never offers? Never bought me anything, not even a cheap gift!
I had a girlfriend who earned a good living like I do, but she expected me to buy her expensive gifts. Our first Christmas together, she bought me a cheap drugstore perfume set for about $10.99. Nothing else.

Go with your instincts and launch her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships