Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 08:28 AM

17 posts, read 11,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
I don't date former sluts!

You should, because "birds of a feather..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 09:18 AM

24,521 posts, read 18,026,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionsRGood View Post
He said he buys her dinner... Here in Atlanta, a dinner for two can run upwards of $100- $150.
I'm not getting a $150 dinner tab vibe in this thread.

I come from the People's Republic of Dating. If I'm pretty sure I make significantly more than my date, I pick up the tab for everything other than inexpensive meals like breakfasts. If the situation is reversed, I have T-Rex arms when the waiter puts the bill on the table. I'll pay but I'm not going to object if she grabs the check and pays.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:59 AM

639 posts, read 373,991 times
Quote:
I'm dating my girlfriend for a few months, she's ten years younger and sometimes I think she is a gold digger because everytime we go out she never offers to pay or split the bill. And everytime time we see each other I always pick her up and drop her off, she has car and never goes to my place with her car! Red flags?
Does she have a nice body, look cute, or have nice breasts?

Then who cares.. You won't find one that's not.

Stop living in Disney Land. You'll only get burnt in the end.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,618,863 times
How's the therapy going, OP?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:12 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,875,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

All through my dating experience I had a bangin' body, nice betties (sorry...it's one of my...well, "features," I guess) and certainly looked cute, and I routinely offered to pay, then even if the first date or two was on him out of tradition/him wanting to, for anything ongoing we definitely switched off.

I can't understand how some people have such bad luck this way. Women paying ISN'T new. I started dating in the 80s, LOL.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:02 PM

271 posts, read 254,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Dang, I must be getting old because back in my day, I would never expect my date or g/f to pay for dinner or entertainment.

I remember once taking a date to the movies, but her family was very strict and she couldn't date guys yet, so she had to say she was going to the movies with her friends.

Not only did I pay for my date, but her friends too!! I just thought of that as the price to pay to take this girl to the movies.
Thank you!!! I must be a freaking dinosaur. If you ask me out on a date and expect me to chip in and pay my way then we're just hanging, that's not dating!!

Old 03-29-2018, 03:08 PM

271 posts, read 254,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
OP, she is only 21 and still in college. How much money could she possibly have? Also maybe she's a hesitant driver? When did she get her license? Is that her car or her parents? Does she even work part-time to pay for gas?

Being the older person in the relationship you should definitely be paying the majority of the time since she's still a student. Maybe she just expects you to pay since you are older, working full-time, and have your own place and car?
Wait a minute, she's 21? I miss that post! OP what are doing with a 21 year old when you're 31? Date someone your own age, that has a full time job and can afford to take you out sometime. She's still a kid in college. You're making more than she does and you want her to pay? How much money could she possibly have? Do you know what they charge for textbooks?? LOL

Old 03-30-2018, 07:02 AM

340 posts, read 270,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post

Yeah she is cute. What do you mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How's the therapy going, OP?
I'm waiting the therapist call me again to schedule because the last time she called me asking to schedule 6:30 pm and I couldn't go because I was working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethewinter View Post
Wait a minute, she's 21? I miss that post! OP what are doing with a 21 year old when you're 31? Date someone your own age, that has a full time job and can afford to take you out sometime. She's still a kid in college. You're making more than she does and you want her to pay? How much money could she possibly have? Do you know what they charge for textbooks?? LOL
She's 22.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:04 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,640,807 times
Quote:
Yeah she is cute. What do you mean?

I'm waiting the therapist call me again to schedule because the last time she called me asking to schedule 6:30 pm and I couldn't go because I was working.

She's 22.
So ... no progress at all.

Why would a therapist take 2 weeks to call you back? You could make this happen if you wanted to, OP.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:14 AM

340 posts, read 270,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So ... no progress at all.

Why would a therapist take 2 weeks to call you back? You could make this happen if you wanted to, OP.
You don't understand, the only time the therapist is able to schedule I'm working, I can't miss my work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships