Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:14 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
She's in college, she lives with her parents, has her own car and she has a job.
But she still might not have the disposable income to match your date spending equally. College students have many school expenses and whatever she makes at her job could be going to those necessities first.

If she's making demands of you and expects you to spend lots of money on her, that's one thing. If she's just being inexperienced about dating or she has more traditional expectations, that's not malicious and can be cleared up with an honest conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 10:17 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,820,869 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqfpkTTy2w

Old 03-17-2018, 10:27 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,835,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
OP, she is only 21 and still in college. How much money could she possibly have? Also maybe she's a hesitant driver? When did she get her license? Is that her car or her parents? Does she even work part-time to pay for gas?

Being the older person in the relationship you should definitely be paying the majority of the time since she's still a student. Maybe she just expects you to pay since you are older, working full-time, and have your own place and car?

You are 31, OP???

Oh....that's different. How much money did YOU have at age 21..????

She's doing her best with school and a job...but she can't have the money you do from a full-time job.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:55 PM

340 posts, read 272,012 times
I know I make more money than her but I just wanted to see her making a move in something, offer to pay, I just want her to spoil me too. I want to talk to her but I don't want to make her upset!

Old 03-17-2018, 01:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,886,085 times
Quote:
I know I make more money than her but I just wanted to see her making a move in something, offer to pay, I just want her to spoil me too. I want to talk to her but I don't want to make her upset!
21-year-olds are notoriously self-centered. Unless she was trained by her parents to be considerate and have good manners and show that kind of consideration you're talking about, she's basically barely out of her teen years and not likely to take your "constructive criticism" very well.

It's part of the risk of dating someone that age.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:06 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Why do you always end your sentences with an exclamation mark! Is this how you go through life!!!! Constantly surprised by it!!!!!!

Stay calm. Tell her what pleases you and makes you feel cared for. Everyone's different. Your love language seems to be material gifts. For others it is physical affection, companionship, acts of service or verbal affirmations.

Discover Your Love Language - The 5 Love Languages®

Which one is hers? Hint: it's the one she uses on you the most.

You have to tell her what you need.

Communicate.

I mean Communicate!!!

Old 03-17-2018, 01:08 PM

340 posts, read 272,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why do you always end your sentences with an exclamation mark! Is this how you go through life!!!! Constantly surprised by it!!!!!!

Stay calm. Tell her what pleases you and makes you feel cared for. Everyone's different. Your love language seems to be material gifts. For others it is physical affection, companionship, acts of service or verbal affirmations.

Discover Your Love Language - The 5 Love Languages®

Which one is hers? Hint: it's the one she uses on you the most.

You have to tell her what you need.

Communicate.

I mean Communicate!!!
LOL I was thinking about bying this book

Old 03-17-2018, 01:12 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
LOL I was thinking about bying this book
Just Google it, hon. There's no need to take a seminar on it.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:26 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Why not do the easier way and just tell her your budget is getting stretched and you two need to find some other things to do that don't cost.

See what her reaction is. Will she just say "OK" .Will she offer to pay some? Will she maybe want to have a talk about it to see what a resolution might be?

Old 03-17-2018, 03:42 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
How about just honesty?

No games, just ask?

No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships