Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Since you're the one who believes teasing is funny and friendly, maybe you should come up with those statements and run them by the forum?

Very few people can say negative things about someone on a first date and have that come off as a positive thing. "Teasing" is always making a joke at the expense of someone, which isn't likely to get you to the next level in a relationship.

Or, put another way, you've stumped the forum.

We can't think of any ideas on how to tease someone you're newly acquainted with that will come off in a funny, friendly way.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:49 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
You talk to them like the person they are.

Can people tease each other on dates in a flirty way? Of course. But if it is not natural to you, it will fail. Don't try it.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:58 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshasa View Post
I'm 23 and usually I tend to give the impression of being serious, and so I'm not normally good at this type of stuff.
I would say simply don't. Be yourself maybe loosen up a bit.... it will come off as awkward if it isn't natural to you.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:19 PM

10 posts, read 5,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
We can't think of any ideas on how to tease someone you're newly acquainted with that will come off in a funny, friendly way.
So you mean you don't think it's possible to playfully tease someone who you don't know well? Do you think teasing in this way is something that you should only ever do with people that you've known for some time? How long do think is appropriate? A week, a month or a few years?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
How would you like to be teased in a playful and friendly PUA way?

Would be oh like to be told, "Oh hey, I don't usually go for guys who don't have masculine faces but you know what...yours is growing on me! Wink! Playful nudge!"

Go on PUA boards if you want this sort of advice. I am sure those dudes share nasty "friendly play" constantly. Why aren't you asking there?

Be sure to ask them in a playful, friendly way. "Hey, fellow losers who need some internet board to get laid! Ha ha, just kidding! Actually, I dig all of you, you're a definite cut above what I'd have thought you were like based on needing a bunch of tricks to get panties to drop. Giggle. You know I'm just playing! Anyway, help a guy out here?"

Old 03-16-2018, 06:57 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Hi new guy. If anyone posts 'friendly playful teasing' one more time, I'm going to barf.

There's a couple dedicated redpill guys here who could help you out, maybe you could all pm each other in a playful slap n tickle way.

Just teasing. Na na na na.

Have you seen the commercial where Mayhem is laying underneath the car seats, you can only see a crack of his face and he's going "bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt" imitating a cell phone lost under there while someone feels around for it as they're driving? That I might laugh at, try that one.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:11 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Just my experience, but friendly teasing isn't usually as friendly as the teaser thinks it is early in a relationship or dating.

Consider this definition: 1 a : to make fun of : kid. b : to disturb or annoy by persistent irritating or provoking especially in a petty or mischievous way.

Doesn't really sound like a nice thing to do with one early in the dating relationship. Plus you never know how the person of your "friendly" teasing will take it.

Just be yourself and have conversations which come naturally. Be kind. Be nice. Be complimentary. Follow the Golden Rule.

Absolutely TRUE story--the reason I fell for my husband of almost 34 years is because he was NOT a douche, didn't tease, and treated me with respect and kindly.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
So you mean you don't think it's possible to playfully tease someone who you don't know well? Do you think teasing in this way is something that you should only ever do with people that you've known for some time? How long do think is appropriate? A week, a month or a few years?
You tell me, OP. You're the one who wants advice on how to do this, and even specific dialog on how to do it.

Yes, I don't think it's possible to "friendly" tease someone you don't know at all who is now out on a date with you.

That's why you don't know how to do it, and no one here is able to tell you how to do it.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 PM

424 posts, read 236,519 times
Quote:
Some would say that's manipulative and nasty and sexist or something. I don't know.
LOL everything is sexist in today's world, unfortunately.

I would consider myself to be an expert teaser. I find that women become super interested and attracted when you tease them.

Oftentimes, I'll playfully misinterpret something they say with a big smile. Things like that. Of course, it does depend on your delivery. How you say these things is probably more important than what you say.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:38 PM

424 posts, read 236,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
How would you like to be teased in a playful and friendly PUA way?

Would be oh like to be told, "Oh hey, I don't usually go for guys who don't have masculine faces but you know what...yours is growing on me! Wink! Playful nudge!"

Go on PUA boards if you want this sort of advice. I am sure those dudes share nasty "friendly play" constantly. Why aren't you asking there?

Be sure to ask them in a playful, friendly way. "Hey, fellow losers who need some internet board to get laid! Ha ha, just kidding! Actually, I dig all of you, you're a definite cut above what I'd have thought you were like based on needing a bunch of tricks to get panties to drop. Giggle. You know I'm just playing! Anyway, help a guy out here?"
This is an insult. Do you not know the different between insulting someone and playful ribbing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships