Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 03:51 PM

10 posts, read 5,693 times

Advertisements

Quick question for the women here. What would you say is a fun, friendly, playful way to tease a woman when on a date or when just speaking with them? I'm 23 and usually I tend to give the impression of being serious, and so I'm not normally good at this type of stuff.

So how do you think I should tease women when on a date, or talking to them in general?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:55 PM

716 posts, read 556,863 times
No games!

Old 03-16-2018, 03:57 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Just keep your conversation light-hearted...and relax.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:14 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshasa View Post
Quick question for the women here. What would you say is a fun, friendly, playful way to tease a woman when on a date or when just speaking with them? I'm 23 and usually I tend to give the impression of being serious, and so I'm not normally good at this type of stuff.

So how do you think I should tease women when on a date, or talking to them in general?
That's not really the kind of thing that is easy to pull off if it doesn't just come naturally to you.

I mean, you can always make a crack about the sports team she likes or something, but if you aren't naturally a witty person, you should be careful that it doesn't come across as negging:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negging

Old 03-16-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That's not really the kind of thing that is easy to pull off if it doesn't just come naturally to you.

I mean, you can always make a crack about the sports team she likes or something, but if you aren't naturally a witty person, you should be careful that it doesn't come across as negging:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negging
Oh yes I've heard of negging. That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Playful, friendly teasing.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Oh yes I've heard of negging. That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Playful, friendly teasing.
No, negging is bad. It's not playful and friendly. It's manipulative. If that's what you're trying to do, I'm out.

Why did you ask about teasing and not flirting?

Old 03-16-2018, 04:24 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Quote:

If you need pointers on how to tease in a fun, friendly way then you really shouldn't do it. If you haven't mastered that skill at age 23, it's going to come off as lame and forced.

Just be yourself. You might want to be a better listener. You might want to be open to the possibilities of other people. You might not take the world so seriously. But you can't just adopt a new personality. Doesn't work.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No, negging is bad. It's manipulative. If that's what you're trying to do, I'm out.
I've read plenty of PUA material, and all the definitions of negging that I've come across describe it as playful teasing. But I don't want to get into a discussion about what negging means, as I already understand what it is and what it's not.

Do you have any good examples of playful teasing (which PUAs call negging)? I don't think the sports team example would come up very often.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
If you need pointers on how to tease in a fun, friendly way then you really shouldn't do it. If you haven't mastered that skill at age 23, it's going to come off as lame and forced.

Just be yourself. You might want to be a better listener. You might want to be open to the possibilities of other people. You might not take the world so seriously. But you can't just adopt a new personality. Doesn't work.
If I was a hopelessly serious person I wouldn't be asking. I think I've got it in me, it's just that when I'm in the situation, my mind goes blank.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I've read plenty of PUA material, and all the definitions of negging that I've come across describe it as playful teasing. But I don't want to get into a discussion about what negging means, as I already understand what it is and what it's not.

Do you have any good examples of playful teasing (which PUAs call negging)? I don't think the sports team example would come up very often.
I do, but I don't deal with PUAs.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships