Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 04:01 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,574 times

Advertisements

I've heard stories of men who simply wouldn't take a polite no for an answer when asking a women out. In fact, I've heard tales of women that have been followed home, stalked, insulted, and even assaulted just because she was not feeling a certain dude or he simply refused to take a hint. I have one female friend who turned down a guy, and started to receive threatening texts and emails on an almost daily basis. Have any of you ever experienced this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 04:03 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Most women I know have experienced this. Most more than a few times. Heck, its happened when I've been out with several of them.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:04 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Just last week, I read somewhere that a guy shot a co-worker dead, because she turned down his request for a date. Then he went to a friend of his, to say he'd "messed up". That's what he called it. He did turn himself in, at least.

I find these hostile (even fatal) reactions mystifying. I don't understand the mentality. I'd like to see follow-up stories to cases like these, in which the guys explain their thinking process.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
It can happen.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:11 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
It has never happened to me. But I also heard it from guys who have females stalking them and not giving up.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:12 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
That would be my husband. Chasing other women. One woman in particular. Going on 6 years now. He denies it when confronted though.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
That would be my husband. Chasing other women. One woman in particular. Going on 6 years now. He denies it when confronted though.
What, he gets angry and vindictive, when other women turn him down, as a married man?

Old 03-20-2018, 04:14 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I've heard stories of men who simply wouldn't take a polite no for an answer when asking a women out. In fact, I've heard tales of women that have been followed home, stalked, insulted, and even assaulted just because she was not feeling a certain dude or he simply refused to take a hint. I have one female friend who turned down a guy, and started to receive threatening texts and emails on an almost daily basis. Have any of you ever experienced this?

I have not...

but given the situation, I'd check off the box for a personality of narcism....case might be made for anti social...

they seem to only care about themselves and what they want...regardless of what the woman might feel or want...

Old 03-20-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I have not...

but given the situation, I'd check off the box for a personality of narcism....case might be made for anti social...

they seem to only care about themselves and what they want...regardless of what the woman might feel or want...
That, and much more, I would guess. There seems to be not only a sense of the polite decline as an unacceptable personal affront, there seems to be an element of a control trip involved, as well. A "how dare she turn me down! I'm not going to let her get away with this" mentality. IDK, I'm just trying to get my mind around it. Anyone else have any insight?

Old 03-20-2018, 04:17 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I haven't experienced it, but most certainly many of us including on this forum have read plenty of it. Yet, it is something that is still not discussed enough, swept under the rug, or perversely, the women themselves are blamed or their experiences minimized by some pigs who take rejection as an affront to their 'manhood' and rail against those 'feminazis.'

If some guys actually want to wonder why some women seem reluctant to be upfront when rejecting a guy, or would rather tell him she doesn't think it'll work out, beat around the bush, ghost, or do similar non confrontational things, perhaps these guys should try to understand why.

These 14 Women Were Brutally Attacked for Rejecting Men — Why Aren't We Talking About It?

Woman’s throat slashed after rejecting man’s advances

Teen gets off easy for killing classmate who rejected prom invite

MEN ARE KILLING THOUSANDS OF WOMEN A YEAR FOR SAYING NO

Rejecting men has deadly consequences, so it’s really no wonder we’re terrified of them

Quote:
If you’re a woman, you’ve been there.

He’s standing too close to you while you’re checking out at the corner store, as you wait for the train, as you’re ordering a drink at the bar, as you’re just trying to get home. You probably feel him before you see him, his presence hanging over your personal space like a thick, wet blanket. And then he launches into his spiel.

Damn, you’re beautiful.

Do you have a boyfriend?

What, your boyfriend doesn’t let you have friends?

Can I get to know you?

Will you have my babies?

I’m talking to you, stuck up *****.

Maybe he doesn’t even say anything — he just grabs. It’s usually empty threats, except for when it’s not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships