Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 06:17 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
It's obvious you don't love her.

This. Well, you may love her, but its clear you're not in love with her. Very clear.

Poor woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 06:20 AM

193 posts, read 158,526 times
oh please move on dude , your not bonded to her forever because you took her vcard , you happen to like a full set of hair no big deal ! Thats cool just make sure your next girl has what you need and be happy , no need to fele guilt its not like you cheated or something , your mature enough to even realize you may need to move on, good luck

Old 03-22-2018, 06:34 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,402 times
Nowadays, people are no longer responsible for their action. If this happen back in the old day, regardless if you love the person or not, you have to be with the person and take care of the person for the rest of your life.

I know most of you would disagree with me, but I think OP should take the responsibility and take good care of her. It doesn't matter whether you love her or not, and whatever excuse you might have, is morally wrong that you took her virginity and leave her with the lame excuse saying how important her hair is to you. Even if you get in a relationship with someone else with a lot of hair on the head, once she gets old enough, the hair will start losing as well. What you going to do then? Find yourself another woman with full of hair?

I wish you the best in life. I hope you contribute more to the solution instead of causing more problem for the remaining of your life.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:01 AM

19,796 posts, read 9,331,249 times
If this had been a relationship of just a few months or both parties understood it to be casual, this would be no big deal, but the fact is that this was a serious relationship of three years' standing. Now,, YES, I do agree that the woman deserves better than the OP and that these people are young, but I hope that the OP grows up quite a bit before he talks to anyone else about marriage. If not, what would happen if he marries and has one or more kids, and then his wife develops cancer and needs treatment resulting in hair loss and much worse? Will he just leave her or stop "loving" her because of that? I put 'loving' in quotes because I think if a person truly loves someone, then looks shouldn't be the biggest part of that "love".

And, of course, that doesn't mean that the first attraction should be ENTIRELY cerebral and/or based on personality, but after three years of being in any kind of loving relationship, looks shouldn't enter into the equation unless the other person turns into a total slob, which I think would probably indicate a serious problem with either the person or the relationship or both.

In this case, my sympathy goes entirely to the woman who is losing her hair -- and not just because of the hair loss!

Last edited by katharsis; 03-22-2018 at 07:30 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 07:08 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
It's noble to stay with that person but I think he'd be doing her a disservice if he stayed with her. When someone isn't into it anymore, it shows. That can be more heartbreaking than breaking up with her. Not only that, he'd be taking up a spot for someone who truly deserves to be there.

Idk just how I see it. Being noble in this case can cause more harm than good.

Last edited by Auraliea; 03-22-2018 at 07:36 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 07:19 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
It doesn't matter whether you love her or not, and whatever excuse you might have, is morally wrong that you took her virginity and leave her with the lame excuse saying how important her hair is to you.
It's morally wrong to leave because he happened to be the first person she had sex with, but it's not morally wrong to stay "whether he loves her or not"??? I don't understand that rationale.

They already had sex before being married, so the morality clause isn't the most applicable here.

If he's ready to bail over this, he's not emotionally mature enough to bond with her for life, and guilt and shame are terrible foundations for a lifelong relationship.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:45 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's morally wrong to leave because he happened to be the first person she had sex with, but it's not morally wrong to stay "whether he loves her or not"??? I don't understand that rationale.

They already had sex before being married, so the morality clause isn't the most applicable here.

If he's ready to bail over this, he's not emotionally mature enough to bond with her for life, and guilt and shame are terrible foundations for a lifelong relationship.
I'm not going to say it's morally wrong either way...but it IS pathetic and I feel mostly bad for her to be tossed aside over what is likely even a temporary condition.

But if it reveals how shallow the OP's supposed "love" is then it's all for the better. If this hadn't happened he would only leave her at some later point when it is even more devastating for her and they might even have kids. So better sooner than later - too bad it didn't happen after only a month of dating rather than three years!

Old 03-22-2018, 08:04 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Please, please, please do not tell her you leave her because of the hair!!
Tell her whatever else you want.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,754 times
Yes, I do think this fellow needs to move on; make the break-up clean, polite, and sharp. End it. Do it soon - it will give you both time to heal and move on with your lives. But I do agree with oh-eve, the poster above, that it would be kind to not mention her hair loss as the reason for the break-up.

Either the chemistry, companionship, and commitment is there; or it isn't.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:56 AM

777 posts, read 452,108 times
My hope is that he ends it, she finds a cure, and he sees her a few months down the road and realizes what a shallow idiot he is. And she moves on and finds someone who isn't flaky and superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships