Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:15 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times

Advertisements

I think you're doing the right thing by not texting her for a few days, but for the wrong reasons.

It's a good idea not to text her for a few days, so you wait to get to know her in person on the date and not over the phone. Not because you don't wanna make it look like you don't care or like her too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 01:16 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
That makes NO sense! You have to be attracted to the person on some level or it will never work! And the person who posted not to text right away or call back right away.....................is probably single!! If you like this girl, act like it!!
There's a way to act like it without blowing her phone up and needing to randomly chit chat through text all day. Making a date is a really good way to show you like her and it sounds like he's already done that.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:31 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,277,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I think you're doing the right thing by not texting her for a few days, but for the wrong reasons.

It's a good idea not to text her for a few days, so you wait to get to know her in person on the date and not over the phone. Not because you don't wanna make it look like you don't care or like her too much.
Solid advice

Old 03-23-2018, 01:31 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Hey so I met this girl via OLD and we exchanged phone numbers. We texted each other back and forth for a couple of hours. We both decided we want to go to dinner and we have now set a date. Here's my problem, I find this girl extremely attractive. All the physical traits she has are exactly what I like in women. She seems super cool and is a fast responder in text. But now, I find myself thinking about her a bit more than other girls. I'm really excited for the date, but I'm worried that I may come off more interested in her than she is in me. For example, we were texting back and forth about two days ago and I'm REALLY trying not to text her for the next few days. I have to do the whole "I don't care" thing. So guys, how do you keep your cool when you meet someone you really fancy?
Game playing is for idiots. At the same time, there's such a thing as avoiding the full court press.

If you like her, you like her. You simply don't hound her to the point of having a restraining order laid on you. But it's important to have other things going on in your life, such as friends, hobbies, and the whatnot.

After all, the last thing a woman wants to be is your sole connection to the world. That raises a lot of red flags right there.

When I met my wife, we were engaged three months from our first date. At the same time, she traveled about 50% of the time during that period. We'd talk, but it wasn't every day. And things really didn't gain momentum until about six weeks in. Up to that point, we were trying each other on for size and enjoying each other's company.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:34 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
This is true, and it also makes me think that maybe I might have more luck if I date girls that I'm not as attracted to.

What???

No...date the one you really want

Take slow deep breaths when you are together...but be real! No games...

Old 03-23-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Game playing is for idiots. At the same time, there's such a thing as avoiding the full court press.

If you like her, you like her. You simply don't hound her to the point of having a restraining order laid on you. But it's important to have other things going on in your life, such as friends, hobbies, and the whatnot.

After all, the last thing a woman wants to be is your sole connection to the world. That raises a lot of red flags right there.

When I met my wife, we were engaged three months from our first date. At the same time, she traveled about 50% of the time during that period. We'd talk, but it wasn't every day. And things really didn't gain momentum until about six weeks in. Up to that point, we were trying each other on for size and enjoying each other's company.
This I know to be true! Haha. I'd wouldn't want a girl that revolved me around her life.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

Very well said. I think this is what a number of people here are getting at. You put it in a nutshell.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Ok y'all, let's not act like there are no games in dating. Everybody is acting like they were %100 themselves and didn't think anything about what the other person thought of them. And I want to hear from more dudes, since I'm a dude persuing a girl.
Well yea, a date is like a job interview. Everybody is putting on a different face to some extent or another.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:07 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Ok y'all, let's not act like there are no games in dating. Everybody is acting like they were %100 themselves and didn't think anything about what the other person thought of them. And I want to hear from more dudes, since I'm a dude persuing a girl.
Makes sense to me... Why would a guy want the perspective of women when women are the object of his desire?

Old 03-23-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Makes sense to me... Why would a guy want the perspective of women when women are the object of his desire?
I want a guy's advice based on HIS experience. It makes perfect sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships