Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 01:36 PM

524 posts, read 521,585 times

Advertisements

Ghosting occurs a lot more often nowadays thanks to the Internet and dating apps. Men and women have a lot more options today than they did before the Internet. Everyone who is currently in the dating market should be used to ghosting or being ghosted. Especially if you're in same-sex relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 02:14 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Haunting is a recent term used to describe when someone lurks on your social media. I won't go into detail since the topic is prohibited. But it's detailed here

It means nothing. I haven't blocked him because there is no point. We don't talk.

*shrugs*

Understood, yes people tend to do that quite often and I myself have been guilty of it, too recently.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:16 PM

In reference to above post,

I was ghosted by this girl who ended things very briefly and abruptly over text... prior to which, we went on multiple dates together in a short period of time.

Turns out she is back with her ex...then broke up with him, and is back with him yet again

Old 03-24-2018, 03:51 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
In reference to above post,

I was ghosted by this girl who ended things very briefly and abruptly over text... prior to which, we went on multiple dates together in a short period of time.

Turns out she is back with her ex...then broke up with him, and is back with him yet again
How is that being “ghosted” if she ended things over text? You know that she ended things, albeit in a rude way given that you’d been on multiple dates. To my knowledge ghosting means when the other person just completely disappears, stops contacting, and doesn’t answer calls/texts. I’ve never been ghosted, but it seems like people have expanded the definition.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
How is that being “ghosted” if she ended things over text? You know that she ended things, albeit in a rude way given that you’d been on multiple dates. To my knowledge ghosting means when the other person just completely disappears, stops contacting, and doesn’t answer calls/texts. I’ve never been ghosted, but it seems like people have expanded the definition.
I agree that this example isn't ghosting.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:02 PM

Agreed that it may not directly be ghosting,

However, she did not provide any explanation for why she wanted to end things, especially when we had started off so well, and so strong,

I learned about the ex a little later, through other people.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:28 PM

268 posts, read 216,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You will continue to find it strange because this social media craze did not influence your life as much as younger generations.

It is what it is. Times have changed.
Spot on! I definitely feel older after reading the "haunting" post and folks actually care about things in that nature.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
Yep, he tried to come back as if nothing ever happened. Ignored each and every text and phone call. WTH do some people think? They can just disappear and the person they ghosted should be sitting there waiting to hear from them? LOL I did alot of ghosting when I was younger but I was only doing it because I would find out they had girlfriends. There was no need to talk to them again. What for?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:17 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Yep, he tried to come back as if nothing ever happened. Ignored each and every text and phone call. WTH do some people think? They can just disappear and the person they ghosted should be sitting there waiting to hear from them? LOL I did alot of ghosting when I was younger but I was only doing it because I would find out they had girlfriends. There was no need to talk to them again. What for?
I agree. They have someone already no use in even talking to them after that.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:14 AM

777 posts, read 452,449 times
I had one come back last year, after not hearing from him after about 6 months. It was bad timing for me, as I had just split up with someone else. I let him back in, and the &^%$ stood me up one weekend after we'd seen each other again a couple of times.

Never again. We are FB friends now, but he wouldn't ever be an option if things with current SO don't work out. I've seen a little drama play out on his FB which seemed like he was pulling the same crap on another woman, so it appears to be a pattern. Nice to know. Once in a while, he'll randomly throw me some breadcrumbs, but now I know better, and am involved happily, so I just sort of chuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships