Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 10:14 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Just curious...were you using her to get dates too, like Bert does?
Lol no..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 10:15 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
I had a friend's wife like this, not just with me but all of his male friends. She'd do silly crap like decide to take a shower at whatever random time any of us were over, then find a reason to walk through whatever room we were in, wrapped in a towel and still wet, making sure to say something to draw attention to herself. She once even outright disrespected him once while it was only the two of us in the room, immediately looking to me for a reaction. One friend--whom I respect completely--even told the husband about things she'd tried in his presence.

Just completely ignore her. If she does something blatant, tell him. Poor guy, it was the same thing in my case, passive husband, bored wife (who apparently thought his friends weren't really his friends).

Old 03-24-2018, 10:19 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJaction View Post
Whenever she starts this up, bring up one of her friends and say how hot she is. Or one of your old girlfriends and how you are thinking of getting back together. If you really rub it in she will get the message.
Lol, I did this and more, all the time. I once made a comment about how stupid a married woman would have to be to flirt with her husband's friends while we were all hanging out once and discussing relationships, and boy, was she ticked off. It amused me.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:24 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Lol, I did this and more, all the time. I once made a comment about how stupid a married woman would have to be to flirt with her husband's friends while we were all hanging out once and discussing relationships, and boy, was she ticked off. It amused me.
It's a good idea, but do you think the wife would continue to help set you up for dates if you did that?

Old 03-24-2018, 10:33 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I had a friend's wife like this, not just with me but all of his male friends. She'd do silly crap like decide to take a shower at whatever random time any of us were over, then find a reason to walk through whatever room we were in, wrapped in a towel and still wet, making sure to say something to draw attention to herself. She once even outright disrespected him once while it was only the two of us in the room, immediately looking to me for a reaction. One friend--whom I respect completely--even told the husband about things she'd tried in his presence.

Just completely ignore her. If she does something blatant, tell him. Poor guy, it was the same thing in my case, passive husband, bored wife (who apparently thought his friends weren't really his friends).
Wow. I do think she's a bored wife and that I might not really be his friend. Problem is she was like that before she was the bored wife.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:47 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times
How do you know they're not doing the whole cuckold relationship thing and you happen to be the target of her latest affection? It would explain why he just sits there and doesn't say anything when she's blatantly macking on you in front of him.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:49 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
How do you know they're not doing the whole cuckold relationship thing and you happen to be the target of her latest affection? It would explain why he just sits there and doesn't say anything when she's blatantly macking on you in front of him.
Likely scenario, maybe he is actually into that kind of thing. You never know these days .

Old 03-24-2018, 11:04 AM

1,078 posts, read 937,794 times
You be direct with her: “Please stop _____. I don’t like it”.

And if need be you talk to the husband and explain what’s going on and that you need some distance if she if going to keep acting like that.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Some couples are into stuff like that so she could be fishing. I’d just make it clear how you feel.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:53 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
... unless her friends are like her, which is bad.

Sounds like you need to come up with a shut-down line for when she starts this. Can you not hang out with him without her?
OP, how about, "Aren't you ashamed to say something like that in front of (husband)? How do you think he feels, when he hears that? I'm not ok with you putting down my friend that way." After she recovers from turning beet-red, you can be assured she'll never do anything like that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships