Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 06:55 AM

29,451 posts, read 22,392,470 times

Advertisements

If you have a really cute/pretty face, then physical scars or other body imperfections don't really bother me.

But the facial features are very important to me, if you don't look cute, then I would not date. Sorry but you asked for an opinion and I am giving the blunt truth.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 08:19 AM

15,045 posts, read 10,012,830 times
The answer for me would .. it depends. A lot of it based on extent and what other things I find attractive.

But I would surmise its probably not as big of an issue as it seems.. Obviously it is a very personal concern for you so there is focus placed on it.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:51 PM

9,344 posts, read 6,899,101 times
Nope I would tell your story before it gets to the naked bits. I would understand the scars are apart of who you are and there is a a strength to that. Some guys might be turned off but likely they are weak.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,448,489 times
I think a guy would be weird to care about that. I dated a man who was worried about his scars from burns, and they were bad, bad as in telling of the pain of what they must have been like, not bad as in ugly. To see them as ugly never occurred to me.

Scars are also the unique kind of thing that someone who loves you, or even is just infatuated with you, think are awesome.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:08 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,200,928 times
Well, the distance between "This guy likes me and I kind of like him too" to "let's take off all our clothes and do the horizontal bop" is as short or as long as you want to make it. Somewhere between those you probably want to tell him that you had a lot of surgeries and have a bunch of scars.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,099,799 times
Think of your scars as war wounds. In all honesty, the scars wouldn't bother me as someone stated, there's all kinds of creams and other products to get rid of scars.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:28 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,008,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcde1234 View Post
I was born with a bunch of birth defects. Most of which have required surgery to fix. I have scars from surgeries on my heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, intestines, one on my shoulder unrelated to my health problems (from a childhood sports injury), and one on my leg and neck from veins grafts I needed for other organs. Plus little scars from chest tubes, biopsies, and little things like that. Most of these scars are blatantly obvious. I never thought about it before but now this guy likes me and I kinda like him too but I'm self conscious about my scars and about if guys are comfortable dating somebody who has all these problems. Although I have to say, considering all the issues I have had, I am in pretty good health. That is by no means the end of all my surgeries but I'm a lot better than I was even a few years ago. (I'm 24). So my question is, would all the scars or the health problems turn you guys off?
Scars tell the story of your life. If a man is turned off by them, then he is not worthy of being with you.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:00 PM

14,206 posts, read 14,594,543 times
Health issues have arisen in several posts. Personally I would not become involved with someone that had health problems. Aiding, helping, nursing, etc. one's spouse thru such is another subject, been there, done that, but I say avoid such.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:51 PM

777 posts, read 449,872 times
The right man will see you as a warrior, as a survivor, as a heroine. He will love your scars as proof of your battles and fighting spirit.

The wrong man? Who cares what he thinks?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:14 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,684,377 times
I have a lot of scars as well. One of which is a big scar on my chest from open heart surgery when I was a kid. I will also have life long heart issues. That didn't bother my DH at all. And I didn't have to say :So I've had heart surgery and consistently need to see a cardiologist", he knew as I don't hide the scar (it comes up pretty high). Of course he had some questions, but it didn't scare him off.

If someone honestly likes/loves you, they will accept everything about you, good and bad! And if not, then they are not worth your time anyway! Love yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships