Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 05:18 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times

Advertisements

Scars/stretch marks, etc. and ongoing health issues are two different subjects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 01:15 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,104 times
Curious that the Original Poster not only has not come back, but that was their first post.

In any event I not only do I have a few scars on myself, I also due to a accident, am missing two fingers on my left hand. I don't give scars a second thought, so If scars don't bother me, why would they bother me if they were on someone else. Whether I liked that person or not.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:25 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setchel View Post
Not all that much. Not to mention there's a wide range of techniques and products to lessen the appearance of scars if it bothers you (or them) so much.
The birth defects thing I would be more concerned about. Not that it's an issue itself, but because I want kids, I don't want them to have genetic defects.
Your child could be *defective* even if the parents are perfect.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:09 AM

323 posts, read 221,782 times
If the guy is mature and comfortable it should be fine. I have scars and I never had any guys have issues.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:53 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Did you ever read The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls's memoir about growing up in a transient life with an alkie father and a crazy mother? She was cooking herself a hot dog for dinner when she was three and was badly burned by boiling water (then her father snuck into the hospital in the middle of the night and took her out so he wouldn't have to pay the bill). She has bad scars on her body from the burns.

Years later when she met her husband she warned him about her scars, and he asked to see them and then smiled and said, "You have texture."

Old 03-31-2018, 06:59 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Curious that the Original Poster not only has not come back, but that was their first post.

In any event I not only do I have a few scars on myself, I also due to a accident, am missing two fingers on my left hand. I don't give scars a second thought, so If scars don't bother me, why would they bother me if they were on someone else. Whether I liked that person or not.
My late MIL was missing two fingers from a farm accident when she was a teenager. She married and had six kids. My ex said when a new friend would come to the house, she would offer to make sandwiches and then, with the knife in her hand, would exclaim, "Oh, no, look what I did!" and hold up her hand.

He said one kid ran out the door and never came back lol.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:10 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post

They usually never do.

These 'new' posters always post some weird thread topic and disappear or create other odd threads.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:41 AM

271 posts, read 257,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcde1234 View Post
I was born with a bunch of birth defects. Most of which have required surgery to fix. I have scars from surgeries on my heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, intestines, one on my shoulder unrelated to my health problems (from a childhood sports injury), and one on my leg and neck from veins grafts I needed for other organs. Plus little scars from chest tubes, biopsies, and little things like that. Most of these scars are blatantly obvious. I never thought about it before but now this guy likes me and I kinda like him too but I'm self conscious about my scars and about if guys are comfortable dating somebody who has all these problems. Although I have to say, considering all the issues I have had, I am in pretty good health. That is by no means the end of all my surgeries but I'm a lot better than I was even a few years ago. (I'm 24). So my question is, would all the scars or the health problems turn you guys off?
A guy who's really into you and loves you is going to love you just the way you are; scars and all. And if he can't; you've survived worse. ALWAYS remember that!!

I have a small scar on my leg that people always felt the need to point out (not even trying to compare my scar to yours) but I had fun with it. I'd say stupid things like "I was swimming in Cape Town and the fin of a great white caught me on the leg before I was able to get back on the boat" "I was skydiving and the parachute open up pretty late, doctors were able to save my leg, but that's the scar I have to bare" "back in Nam...."

You are a survivor! Hold your head up high!!

Old 03-31-2018, 09:54 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Everyone has scars.. Whether emotional or physical.

Nobody is getting out of life unscathed.

Yes, I would date someone like that cause nobody is perfect.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:49 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
"surgeries on my heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, intestines, ""
" That is by no means the end of all my surgeries "

Well, first and one time only poster, look for a plastic surgeon to date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships