Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 06:42 AM

583 posts, read 713,694 times

Advertisements

So I've dated someone years ago. Things didn't work with us. I tried to rekindle what we had. He said he didn't want to. Meanwhile, he and I were still friends on Facebook. He seemed to be doing his own thing, and I was doing my own thing up until recently, I am guessing he caught wind that I have finally moved on. Two years mind you, after we broke up... Has anyone ever experienced this and if so, what does it mean? Why say you don't want someone, yet when they finally move on, they delete you when all this time you two agreed to be friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 06:50 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Probably really wasn't interested in being friends in the first place. Or he felt weird about it and didn't know how to tell you nicely. Could be a multitude of reasons. People distance themselves all the time. I doubt he's upset or "hurt" that you found someone else.

Does the "why" really matter though? You have someone else now.

Last edited by Auraliea; 05-13-2018 at 07:02 AM..

Old 05-13-2018, 06:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Probably really wasn't interested in being friends in the first place. Or he felt weird about it and didn't know how to tell you nicely. Could be a multitude of reasons. People distance themselves all the time.

Does the "why" really matter though? You have someone else now.
True. Maybe he was doing one of those social media purges. If you two hardly ever communicate anyway, why not unfriend?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:20 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
So I've dated someone years ago. Things didn't work with us. I tried to rekindle what we had. He said he didn't want to. Meanwhile, he and I were still friends on Facebook. He seemed to be doing his own thing, and I was doing my own thing up until recently, I am guessing he caught wind that I have finally moved on. Two years mind you, after we broke up... Has anyone ever experienced this and if so, what does it mean? Why say you don't want someone, yet when they finally move on, they delete you when all this time you two agreed to be friends?

Why not? It's time to move on. And why do you care? Were you two really friends apart from being listeed on FB as a "friend"?

Could be a number of reasons why. Maybe he wanted to before but didn't want to hurt your feelings and now figures you have someone else so you won't care. Maybe he kept you around in case he changed his mind and now that's not an option for him as he doesn't mess with those in a relationship? Maybe he doesn't want the potential drama of being the ex that's still connected, in case your new partner has issues with it? Ultimately, it doesn't matter why.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
I know you want to think he is still hung up on you, but the truth is probably that he deleted you because you have no role in his life anymore and he was cleaning up his feed.

How would your boyfriend feel about you still regularly visiting his page to see if you are still connected? That does seem sketchy.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Ever heard the saying “He doesn’t want you, but he doesn’t want anyone else to have you either”?

A lot of guys get/have a crush on a girl and enjoy just watching her online like a voyeur. Now you’ve got a bf and killed his little spank bank source.

Last edited by srjth; 05-13-2018 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-13-2018, 02:45 PM

583 posts, read 713,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I know you want to think he is still hung up on you, but the truth is probably that he deleted you because you have no role in his life anymore and he was cleaning up his feed.

How would your boyfriend feel about you still regularly visiting his page to see if you are still connected? That does seem sketchy.
I didn't go visiting his page. His name popped up in the suggested friends section and I was just shocked he deleted me after all of this time.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:41 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Did you two even communicate frequently in the two years ya'll were "friends?"

Last edited by Auraliea; 05-13-2018 at 03:55 PM..

Old 05-13-2018, 03:49 PM

46 posts, read 23,187 times
I ended a relationship with a woman who was really nice. We had different goals, etc. She took it really hard and kept calling me for months afterward. I wanted her to be okay, so I always picked up, gave her time to talk through things. Eventually, she stopped calling; I hope she found someone.

Maybe, he wanted to give you time to come to peace with it. When it was time, he severed the last tie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships