Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 12:28 PM

13 posts, read 10,404 times

Advertisements

Would it make you upset if your significant other asked you to take a pic of him and his mom. And then one with just his parents. (While you are there with your child from previous marriage on Mothers Day). Then he proceeds to post pic of him and his mom. And one of his parents. Tags you. But then says “to my Mother. The best mother in the world.”

Not a single word about me

He said since he didn’t have a fresh picture of me and my son
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 12:35 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,297,600 times
Agreed, he's a doofus and an oaf (and you are in a relationship with him), but what is wrong with asking him to take a picture, and asking others to get a photo of your family? Blended families are not a new thing.

If there is more that can be done, do it, and try not to wait until after the fact to get this corrected.

You can sit and pout or have this straightened out.

Choose wisely, grasshopper, and don't complain about the consequences if nothing more can be generated, save to find another opportunity and get your photos updated. If you are not in England, the day is not dead yet, the sky is still light in most of America, and there is more to be done, outside of getting on a computer and reporting a family violation.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:37 PM

Asking to take a pic. No worries. But not including me and my son. Kinda sucks.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:43 PM

23,158 posts, read 26,101,649 times
How old is your son?
Is he so young that your husband should have done something similar 'for' him?

Old 05-13-2018, 12:45 PM

He’s 12. And i took a selfie of me and my son. And posted myself.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,596,320 times
Maybe he feels like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqpBwRXtnwo

Old 05-13-2018, 01:07 PM

23,158 posts, read 26,101,649 times
Look, right wrong or in between, my husband used to say "You're not my mother"...not meanly or anything. It was just the way he saw it.
Don't get your panties all twisted about it since it may be how he was raised to think about it. If he's good and considerate to you in other ways, be happy.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:13 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,644,007 times
You're not married, you're not a family. How well you mother your son has nothing to do with him.

I think you're overreacting, and feel entitled to rights and privileges not typically accorded to a girlfriend. Of course he is going to call his mom (and the mother of his child) the "best moms" he knows. You're neither.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:42 PM

9,344 posts, read 6,911,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymiall View Post
Would it make you upset if your significant other asked you to take a pic of him and his mom. And then one with just his parents. (While you are there with your child from previous marriage on Mothers Day). Then he proceeds to post pic of him and his mom. And one of his parents. Tags you. But then says “to my Mother. The best mother in the world.”

Not a single word about me

He said since he didn’t have a fresh picture of me and my son
You said “your son” and not “our son”. You just answered the question as to why.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:59 PM

23,032 posts, read 18,392,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Look, right wrong or in between, my husband used to say "You're not my mother"...not meanly or anything. It was just the way he saw it.
Don't get your panties all twisted about it since it may be how he was raised to think about it. If he's good and considerate to you in other ways, be happy.
I think the intention behind this "holiday" has been diluted into meaninglessness. A huge percentage of women in the world are mothers to someone. HE recognized the most important one he knows....HIS. By the same token, your son should have recognized YOU, correct? He did not slight you. Let it go. Or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships